These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2016
newsiberian
@newsiberian
Feb 08 2016 03:46
@PaulSavignano, I have a good idea how you could extend addToCart without changing core of RC so far - 1st way.
Two ways:
  1. You could make a server method - wrapper, like addToCartMassive which will be called form client one time and run your loop on addToCart. What do you think about it?
  2. about extending addToCart... I think API could be changed in future to make method more flexible. Now it is accept productId, variantId and qty. I think we could pass another set of args. Like this
    productId,
    { variantId: id, qty: qty }
    { variantId: id2, qty: qty2 }
    ]
jamesdeantv
@jamesdeantv
Feb 08 2016 05:55
How exactly do I gain access to the administrator dashboard after running meteor server?
scratch that... just checked my console for answer.
lijiming
@lijiming
Feb 08 2016 08:29
@jamesdeantv , have you logged in as administrator?
lijiming
@lijiming
Feb 08 2016 08:42
if yes, you would see the dashboard icon on the right hand sidebar.
Bogi
@boboci9
Feb 08 2016 14:42

Hi all, I have a question regarding the reaction-inventory package, there is an inventory/adjust method which I suppose will adjust the inventory after every order, but I'm not sure how it is supposed to work if there is a check for

if (!ReactionCore.hasPermission("createProduct")) {
      throw new Meteor.Error(403, "Access Denied");
    }

Isn't this supposed to update when the user makes the order?

newsiberian
@newsiberian
Feb 08 2016 15:19
@boboci9 As I can see when normal user do something, he not remove/add inventory items. He just transfer item from one state to other "new" -> "reserved". So, this check, as I can see, exist, because only admin can add items or give them away from stack
Bogi
@boboci9
Feb 08 2016 15:20
so this inventory won't adjust automatically when a user order's an item?
newsiberian
@newsiberian
Feb 08 2016 16:03
this method does not do what you expect from it. It controls the number of items in inventory. (+/-) The method you which change stat is in common folder I suppose
Johannes Scharlach
@johannes-scharlach
Feb 08 2016 16:15

Hi guys,
I've spent some time getting familiar with reaction and was thinking about contributing a little bit, since I find the project quite cool.

(my background is being a product/project manager, currently turning into a developer)

I've already looked through quite a few GitHub issues and they either seem like large projects or somebody has already fixed them, even though they are in status ready

So my question is: What's a good way to find a simple bug to get started contributing to reaction? :)

Jesus Millan
@JsusMillan
Feb 08 2016 17:14
hello
as I do a backup of my products ?
David Rynearson
@The-Outrider
Feb 08 2016 17:21
@johannes-scharlach find a part of software functionality. Throw as much odd cases as you can at it, document all results, anything that seems odd report it and collaborate with the reaction team if its functioning as intended. If not, be ready to find a solution :)
Jesus Millan
@JsusMillan
Feb 08 2016 18:58
as I do a backup of my products ?
jamesdeantv
@jamesdeantv
Feb 08 2016 19:58
Can anyone instruct me on how to populate a product by importing product data from a json file? Im reading the docs "https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/reaction-import" as well as the github repository.. and I could use a bit of guidance, if possible. Thx
Paul Savignano
@PaulSavignano
Feb 08 2016 20:18
@newsiberian Thanks buddy! I'll give it a try and get back to you.
Christopher S Plantijn
@Cplantijn
Feb 08 2016 20:40
Hey all. What is the reaction website written on? Like, the actual site. https://reactioncommerce.com/. Is that Meteor?
David Rynearson
@The-Outrider
Feb 08 2016 20:48
@Cplantijn inspect element is showing a lot of meteor names :) safe to assume.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 08 2016 21:13
@Cplantijn all meteor ;-)
Mike Murray
@mikemurray
Feb 08 2016 21:13
@Cplantijn including the doc site
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 08 2016 21:15
@JsusMillan you can do a mongodb dump with using —json-array, that will back up your data into a json file that can be imported directly or with ReactionImport. We’re working on a auto-backup/restore package, should be ready soon. @jschimko
@johannes-scharlach we try to mark the issues with the label “help-wanted” when we think they can be picked up and worked on easily by the community in a “free standing” way. If you see things, even minor, it’s best to create an issue and link your PR to that… at least giving us some time to comment on what/why before you actually do it.. you don’t have to, but will save us from that moment when we reject a perfectly good PR, because we’re already got plans for something..
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 08 2016 21:17
Are we expecting 0.12 to merge to dev today?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 08 2016 21:20
@spencern I’m working through some routing issues right now that I’d like to resolve, then I think we’ll merge into development. We (the core team) will review all outstanding PR’s today (5PM pst) and merge new PR into development if the PR has no blocker. I’ll then merge into v0.12, test, merge back into development. This means some of the outstanding PR’s may be left with some nice merge conflicts to work through, but … such is life.
so coming in soon, but probably late night
v0.12 is a biggie, so we expect to work on it in dev for another week or two, finishing up features. Hopefully that’s enough time for everyone to make necessary updates to packages. etc.
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 08 2016 21:23
yeah, it seems like v0.12 really shapes the future of reaction and fits in with where Meteor itself is headed. Looking forward to it.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 08 2016 21:25
I’d say the “meteor guide” (http://guide.meteor.com) outlines the way we’ve done thing 90%. but Meteor 1.3 will probably be the biggest.. we’re getting prepared.