These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2016
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 11 2016 00:18
@spencern (and anyone wondering).. v0.12 merge into development is little delayed, trying to dig myself out of the weeds, it’s not quite ready
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 11 2016 00:19
:+1: No rush here, thanks for the update
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 11 2016 00:21
We’ll be creating an 0.11.1 release today as well fwiw. Just some minor bug fixes from the last two weeks
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 11 2016 00:22
I saw that was in the works. We can work off of that for a bit, we are hopefully updating our production server to 0.11 tomorrow, so any bug-fixes will be nice to have as well
caeli-sharon
@caeli-sharon
Feb 11 2016 05:41
Hi, I am new to reactioncommerce. I am trying to implement a bootstrap template, Is there a document or tutorial for it?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 11 2016 08:19
caeli-sharon
@caeli-sharon
Feb 11 2016 14:07
Thanks, @zenweasel. Yes. I read it, but still not very clear. First question, If I want to add a carousel on the front page, do I need to include a folder in the client/layout/carousel, or/and I add code in the layout.js, or/and in the client/templates.js? Second question, If I have a pre-made bootstrap template with html, css/less, js and images, is there a simple way to implement the template? If I use the replacement of core template, does it overwrite the routing as well? A step by step instruction would be very helpful.
Christopher S Plantijn
@Cplantijn
Feb 11 2016 15:34
Are there any production stores running reaction?
I would like to check them out
If anyone has a link or name, of course :-)
Lukas Sägesser
@ScyDev
Feb 11 2016 16:11
This message was deleted

I know about replacing templates, but is there any way to extend/inject an existing template with another template?
Maybe with hooks?

For example: I want to add a new date field to product in my separate package. I want that date field to be editable on the product detail page. Now, if I copy the product detail template and replace it, then changes made to core (in the future) will be overridden by my package.
I would love to just inject the date field into the core product template at render time. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Or is replacing templates and later porting changes from core the way to go?
Lukas Sägesser
@ScyDev
Feb 11 2016 22:14

I found a way to inject additional fields into an existing template, without actually touching the RC core template.
With the help of aldeed:template-extension.

Check this out: https://github.com/ScyDev/reaction/tree/scydev-%2318-filter-products/packages/reaction-p2p-marketplace-sell-date/client/templates/products

The template productDetailDateField is injected into the productDetail template.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 11 2016 22:34
@ScyDev in that case, I’m wondering if you even need the templates-extension, if you could just use blaze render to render direct into the original detail template..