These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2016
Feb 16 2016 00:25
@spencern right now it’s a mashup… because I can’t be sure all you guys are going to follow our patterns when developing packages.. so the router stuff I am working on is enforcing permissions at the route level, while the templates themselves check permissions in the layouts, and then also for each reactionApps or reactionTemplates. Furthermore, the publications check permissions so that the data isn’t published, so even when you can see one of these pages they are void of content, and then of course method permission checks, and the collections security rules..
we’ve actually always done all of this, except with iron-router we’re using two layouts and controllers. Now we have no controller, but many layouts. route permissions now control the layout / workflow access.
template level permission checking should mostly be used in conjunction with publication and roles for visibility controls on page components, while the route permission is more of ‘notFound’ / unauthorized for the whole page context
Feb 16 2016 00:31
also, every visitor to the site now has permissions - i.e. “cart/checkout”, “user/profile” etc, which can be configured in shop defaultRoles..
(can be used to show different layout/workflow combo’s to different user groups)
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 16 2016 00:54
@spencern v0.11.1 is released
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 03:54
@zenweasel Thanks, I see that now viewing releases. I thought I’d seen it earlier, but when I was looking at reaction-core, the version was/is pegged at v0.11.0 and I thought that was connected to the overall release number.
jamesdeantv
@jamesdeantv
Feb 16 2016 07:27
Getting "Error: write EPIPE" when uploading a file to product page. Any thoughts (OSX El Capitan)
rkhunter
@rkhunter
Feb 16 2016 14:30
Hey folks, currently tryint to run reactioncommerce/reaction from DockerHub in kinematic
how do I turn off ssl redirect
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Feb 16 2016 14:34
Ah, sorry. That’s a development version that got tagged as latest. I included force-ssl for some tests. For now, you can use tag 837 instead of latest. That was built by CI straight from the repo.
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll fix that latest tag in a few
rkhunter
@rkhunter
Feb 16 2016 14:35
alright, thanks
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Feb 16 2016 14:46
@rkhunter, should be all set now. docker pull reactioncommerce/reaction:latest
rkhunter
@rkhunter
Feb 16 2016 14:47
@jshimko alright, I will check it out. Thanks
Feb 16 2016 16:32
@jamesdeantv haven’t seen that. did you install imagemagick or graphicsmagick?
Are they failing to buid?
Feb 16 2016 20:27
@rkhunter that’s the v0.12 feature branch (failing for other reasons right now)
rkhunter
@rkhunter
Feb 16 2016 20:36
Yes, does it fail?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 20:55
@aaronjudd - Do you guys want issues and PRs for the v0.12 branch or is it in such flux right now that issues/PRs will just be distracting?
Feb 16 2016 21:25
it’s in flux right this second, but I’m in the last few issues -> if you’re playing with the branch they look big, but just a couple route things, and I’m cleaning up permissions / accounts management stuff. There will be a bunch still when I merge to dev, but we’ll create issues then to track them
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:27
Sounds good. We pushed 11.1 to our prod server last night and started the transisition towards getting everything ready for a public launch on reaction May 1 today, so we are eager to use 0.12 as it seems like there are some bigger changes we will need to start working on
Feb 16 2016 21:29
yes, v0.12 has big changes that will hopefully reduce the update / path in the future as well. it and the following release are the ones that we expect to the basis for production shops
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:29
We’ve started migrating our packages to template based subs and moving anything data related out of our routes
Feb 16 2016 21:30
what I merge to development won’t be 100% working - and will be a painful update I suspect. I’m trying to track everything for a decent update doc.. but you know..
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:30
Yeah, no pressure or anything, just trying to get a feel for what’s known and unknown. I suspect I’ll be filing more issues and contributing a bit more to core as we’ve finally caught up with the latest version
On an unrelated note, we started using compose.io for mongo recently and have had great success with it.
Feb 16 2016 21:32
we ran some tests with them a while back.. couldn’t keep up with our alpha releases ;-) but we use them for a few of our tools
@jshimko is tuning launchdock right now.. I think he’s launching one reaction cluster every 20 seconds.. because you never know..
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Feb 16 2016 21:34
it could happen...
Feb 16 2016 21:34
success!
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:34
coudl be faster than that if you hit hacker news, tech crunch and slashdot (is that still a thing?) at the same time
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Feb 16 2016 21:35
Yeah, HN is a whole different issue
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:35
Any ETA on reaction deploy for the PaaS?
Feb 16 2016 21:36
we’ve got it on the short list, right after we open the PaaS up. haven’t started yet, but we’ve brainstormed a little and have some ideas
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:37
In the next couple months perhaps?
Feb 16 2016 21:37
hopefully a lot sooner than that, but for sure
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Feb 16 2016 21:37
good enough for me
Feb 16 2016 21:39
has to go together with some stronger migration/update utilities.. we’ll probably start creating issues for these items soon
Spencer Norman