These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2016
Maged Eladawy
@meladawy
Feb 20 2016 09:03
Hey All, i added a new item to dashboard using "register.js" and i defined "route:" property in ReactionCore.registerPackage function. but it doesn't redirect to that route when i click on the new item i just added in the dashboard
should i add any click even handler or something ?
Maged Eladawy
@meladawy
Feb 20 2016 09:20
I just noticed that any changes i made in register.js file doesn't take any effect, should i reset or something ?
Maged Eladawy
@meladawy
Feb 20 2016 09:34
k guys i found the solution. if you made any changes to "register.js" file you have to remove & add the package again :-/
Feb 20 2016 10:23
@zenweasel I'll begin experimenting with Braintree today or tomorrow. What is your current status on the branch brent-update-braintree-to-current ?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 10:25
@ScyDev It was merged into development back in January
Feb 20 2016 10:38
oh cool! trying it :)
Feb 20 2016 11:30
I stuck while merging changes from RC development branch. Getting "Uncaught Error: route's path must start with '/' " on: pathDef = "dashboard/shop"
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 11:40
Not sure what you mean “merging changes from RC development branch”?
I think the current dev branch of braintree should be up to date with everything in v12
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 11:50
just double-checked that it’s working with everything in v12 and everything looks good
Feb 20 2016 11:54
I mean while merging changes from RC development branch to my fork, to get ready for new braintree version which wants RC 0.12
In fact, even if I try just running latest RC development branch, I get that error. With no changes from me.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 11:58
Sorry, I haven’t seen that before. It looks like you may be affected by some of the changes to the routing
Feb 20 2016 12:00
You tell me which commit of development is currently working for you?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 12:01
a495ce79934d904ce6807299cf6ef77ad7cb5007
have you done reaction reset?
Feb 20 2016 12:04
Thanks :) I'll try
I wanted to politely write "Can you tell me ...". Don't know where the first two words went.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 12:06
lol, no worries
Feb 20 2016 12:17
I'm at the same commit. Now I get "Uncaught Error: Match error: Match error: Default Payment Method is required" and "Failed to render layout coreLayout coreWorkflow".
I'll try working my way, one commit at a time from master to development.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 12:20
I’m pretty sure reaction reset should fix that.
well, at least the first one
or if you don’t want to do reaction reset you can just set the default payment method in store settings
Feb 20 2016 12:25
I did "reaction reset" but it didn't help.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 12:26
Hmmm, ok.
Feb 20 2016 12:35
Do you think I should rebuild my dockerfile? 0.11 on master branch is the last version that works for me.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 12:37
I can’t say. v12 is a pretty major change as you probably know so you may want to start with a working version and move your changes in that way
Feb 20 2016 12:43
When you said "you can just set the default payment method in store settings"... I can't even load the app in the browser. It only shows a blank white page and the two errors I wrote above.
in console.
For pretty much every commit above 0.11 ...
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 20 2016 12:54
I don’t know what to tell you. I am running it here without issue
I realize that’s not super helpful
Feb 20 2016 12:58
Thanks for trying anyway :) I'm now building the dockerfile and waiting to see if that helps.
Feb 20 2016 13:05
Well I'll be damned... building a new docker image has solved the problems. Apparently some dependencies outside of RC?
Feb 20 2016 16:55
@zenweasel Ok, now I see the Braintree config in admin dashboard. Just so I know what to expect: Can I enter account info and it will work for sandbox and live mode? Or is there still work to do?
Feb 20 2016 17:46

I noticed something strange: I was relying on Template.productDetail.onCreated() to inject some content. With the code from master branch this worked fine. With the latest code from development, it seems that jQuery is not initialized ($ is not a function) and neither can I find any DOM elements, which I can see in the browser DOM view.

If I simply wrap my code with Meteor.setTimeout(function() { ... ], 100); then it works. This can't be right? The DOM should be rendered and all libraries initialized when this event fires.

Was there any change in RC to cause this behaviour?