These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Apr 2016
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:18
Hello all, Apologies for bashing in.
I was trying to add https://github.com/Gouthamve/reaction-cod package and https://github.com/Gouthamve/reaction-razorpay for payments, and get "ReferenceError: Router is not defined". Reaction is up-to-date and I'm on Meteor 1.3, I need COD packages, and something to work with payment gateways allowed in India. I believe reaction uses flow router, i tried adding that. but doesn't work. I am confused here. There are similar issues on github, but the author seems to be inactive on this. Any help is appreciated, Thanks !
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:19
I don’t believe those packages have been updated to use the current version of Reaction
I don’t think that author has been active with Reaction lately
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:21
Do i need to go back a version ? Or is there any other payment package that i have missed ? If you could point me to the right direction. Reaction is the best suited for my project, it's just if none of the payments work, it will all be futile.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:22
We have four payment methods built into Reaction, but those ^^ are not official Reaction packages, they are community packages.
If you wanted to put in the effort to upgrade them to the current version we could help you probably
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:24
I am a newbie at this, i don't know much. I would love to, if you show me how to do it.
I have pinged you in private chat. Please join.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:25
Sorry, I like to keep all discussions like this public so everyone can benefit. Is there something that needs to be private?
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:26
Oh No issues. I don't know the rules here
So, how do i go about upgrading it ?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:26
The primary change is the change from Iron Router to Flow Router
Are you familiar with Meteor just not Reaction?
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:27
Yes i am familiar with meteor
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:27
So you are familiar with the differences between Iron Router and Flow Router?
Basically in v12, Reaction started using Flow Router and eliminated Iron Router
Which is probably why you are getting the reference error
I’m not entirely sure why the COD packages would have any references to routing so that package would probably be relatively easy to convert
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:30

I used iron router in past. Didn't look into flow router yet.
I will try to fix it then.

So, after the route is fixed, How do i go about doing meteor add my-custom-package ?

Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:31
Just have your fixed packages in your packages directory and add it to your /.meteor/packages file
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:31
I'm on it.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 29 2016 06:31
Reaction will just see that it’s a payment package and pick it up properly
Probably want to convert it from CoffeeScript as well. :/
Jir
@fuzzyshark
Apr 29 2016 06:33
Yes i see that. Thanks :)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 29 2016 14:12
Hi @Jir and @zenweasel, sorry about that! I am planning to get back to reaction NOW. I need a shop with a theme up by May 15-20.
I was hoping to pubish a v2 of reaction-cod by forking this: https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction-paymentmethod