These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2016
krestt
@krestt
May 27 2016 07:12
Can someone tell me please, where is the right place and right way to fetch data from DB??
For example i want to return in home page all the products with tag "featured".
Is there some function? Or should i use "raw" Mongo queries? If so, where? Template helpers?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
May 27 2016 07:13
Normally you would want to do template-level subscriptions
You could create a specific publication for that and subscribe to it in the template
There may already be a publication that can be filtered by tag though so you may want to check for that first
krestt
@krestt
May 27 2016 07:15
And where are the js files of publications are stored?
I think it would be helpful to add a "file structure guide" section in docs
I feel kinda lost...
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
May 27 2016 07:17
I hear what you are saying, however we are in the process of doing a whole new refactor to realign to the new module structure
krestt
@krestt
May 27 2016 07:18
Okay. Thank you for response!
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
May 27 2016 07:18
I normally just do a find for Meteor.publish to find where something is published
typically these are in files called publications.js
look in reaction-collections/server/publications
krestt
@krestt
May 27 2016 07:21
Yes, that's it. Thank you!
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
May 27 2016 07:21
You can look at the templates to see an example of doing a template level subscribe, typically wrapping it in an autorun block
Valery Orloff
@valorloff
May 27 2016 12:20
This message was deleted
Dheeraj Bhaskar
@dheerajbhaskar
May 27 2016 12:26
Hi guys, how do I change the debug mode to silent or something so that I don't get the error message about imagemagick not on path? That error message is failing our deploys
Valery Orloff
@valorloff
May 27 2016 13:03
seems, no solution, output errors too deeply buried )
This message was deleted
i do by REST:
media.insert(file, function (err, fileObj) { .......,
fileObj._id succesfully return new _id,
but in cfs.Media.filerecord there appeared nothing new record, what i'm wrong?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
May 27 2016 13:13
@dheerajbhaskar You can set your debug level as isDebug in your settings. Not sure if that would help
Dheeraj Bhaskar
@dheerajbhaskar
May 27 2016 14:12
Thanks @zenweasel . I wasn't sure what values were accepted, just went through the source and I found these: ["FATAL", "ERROR", "WARN", "INFO", "DEBUG", "TRACE"];
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
May 27 2016 15:55
I just signed up to get on the list for beta, can I build my shop locally or do i have to wait?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 27 2016 21:14
@motoxuz_twitter you can build you shop locally https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/installation - usually only takes a couple minutes to have it up running locally