These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

1st
Jun 2016
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 00:00
I see, ok
@zenweasel , I noticed a small bug with editing navbar tags, if you sign in and enable tags editing, then logout immediatley, the tags stay in editing mode, even when guests view the site
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 00:03
Ok. Can you file an issue for that? https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction/issues
Make sure we have exact steps for us to reproduce. That’s the most important part for us to be able to fix it.
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 00:04
Sure, will do
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 07:29
@zenweasel , I removed the sample-data package and built/started and it works well but I get 9 weird files named "22222222.sample......" generated which makes my repository look messy, what can i do to avoid this
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 07:30
I don’t know how that could happen
what do you mean files? What created files?
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 07:32
I did a upstream reset on my fork, so the files are gone, but I will let you know, if they appear again
@zenweasel, regarding spiderable I tried and installed it, it added sitemap and etc I think, however the page still shows up as javascript/empty, do you know if spiderable have to be specially setup or if I have to add things in the code?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 07:42
I don’t think you need to do anything special but I don’t know a ton about it
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 07:45
@zenweasel , it might be that spiderable subscribes to meteor.publishes and waits for subscription ready and if one of them returns null/undefined the phantomjs times out
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 07:46
Did you add the regular version or the ongoworks version?
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 07:48
the regular version
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 07:54
How did you determine that spiderable was not working?
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 07:55
I used this online tool http://www.browseo.net/ and also I pressed F12 thinking i would see the page in html
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 07:55
did you try viewing the site with ?_escaped_fragment_=
No, it only render the HTML to spiders, not normal browsers
@motoxuz
@motoxuz_twitter
Jun 01 2016 07:56
I see, well that probably explains why I thought it is not working
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 01 2016 07:57
Yeah, I didn’t know this until 30 seconds ago, but apparently it’s a web standard, special SEO thing for Ajax sites
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jun 01 2016 10:09

Reporting back on this error:

/opt/reaction/build-meteor.sh: line 24:  4058 Killed                  meteor build --directory $APP_BUNDLE_DIR
The command '/bin/sh -c bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/install-deps.sh &&    bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/install-mongodb.sh &&     bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/install-node.sh &&    bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/install-phantom.sh &&     bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/install-meteor.sh &&      cd $APP_SOURCE_DIR &&     bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/build-meteor.sh &&    bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/post-build-cleanup.sh' returned a non-zero code: 137

which occurs when running docker build on a digitalocean droplet with 1gb of ram per https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/deploying-reaction-using-docker#deploy.

It seems like a non-zero code: 137 is a memory related error. Which explains why building the reaction app on my machine works where building on a 1gb digitalocean droplet fails.

Ryan Watts
@rwatts3
Jun 01 2016 19:13
Hello everyone. If i wanted to create a full on site with a store how would i go about adding s schema such as if my site contains events. And i want the user to be able to manage those events from within reaction
Also if i already have a project snd i want to add a store to the project. Is it possible to install reaction commerce into my existing meteor project ?