These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jul 2016
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jul 10 2016 08:27
Here is an early version of a doc on converting your Reaction package to a Reaction plugin. It’s a pretty easy process that doesn’t involve re-writing any code. https://hackmd.io/JwMwDATA7AzAhiAtBAxnGiAsATARgRkThXykRQFN8BWCMTEuCiIA#
stevecawdery
@stevecawdery
Jul 10 2016 08:31
Question: Which version of Meteor 1.4 are you using for the 0.14 development branch? I'm getting blank screen with a Blaze error (Exception in defer callback: Blaze.View.prototype.lookup on Meteor.js line 930).
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jul 10 2016 08:31
We are using METEOR@1.3.4.3
stevecawdery
@stevecawdery
Jul 10 2016 08:32
Cheers!
Gerry Hernandez
@gerryhernandez
Jul 10 2016 17:36
Hey everyone. Can anyone please point me to a site other than GetOutfitted that uses Reaction Commerce? I just fired up a demo site locally and I'm still on the fence for whether or not I will go with Reaction for a project.
So far, my choices are to go with Reaction or just roll my own from scratch. There are so many things missing that I need, but at the same time, Reaction has already taken care of some major pain points for me... Tough call! ;)
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Jul 10 2016 17:45
Every platform is probably going to have something missing for your specific use case, but I think you might find rolling your own e-commerce app from scratch to be a fairly huge task. You’d spend a ton of time solving problems that someone else has already spent hundreds of hours solving. As a developer, I totally relate to wanting to build the exact thing you need from the ground up, but I’ve found that it’s rarely worth the significant amount of time/resources it takes to build something from scratch when there are established starting points available.
And exception to that (for me) is when you want to build something from scratch for educational purposes.
Gerry Hernandez
@gerryhernandez
Jul 10 2016 17:57
Agreed. I'm trying to decide which is more expensive for my case; YAGNI from scratch, or Reaction plus development time. It's pretty close in my case. So far, at least.