These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jul 2016
3Maestros
@3Maestros
Jul 27 2016 03:05
@aaronjudd thank you, native app . I did try to build it on you v13 for Android and it exited wth some error. Let me attempt with the latest version. Is mobile app on the roadmap, I don't remember seeing it on trello.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 27 2016 03:12
We have no custom native plans on the immediate roadmap, but I’d like to see it at least compile without errors for Android and iOS. I’ll create an issue for adding tests for this. #1213
3Maestros
@3Maestros
Jul 27 2016 03:44
@aaronjudd I will try to do a build and post any updates to this issue.
Jul 27 2016 04:49
I’m open for suggestions on what the next important tutorial to write would be.
I have “How to write a shipping plugin” which I will write as soon as I finish writing a shipping plugin
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 09:25
@zenweasel: One thing I've been wondering is how to override the Media collection. I've tried before but it CFS collections seem to have different requirements. Basically the goal would be to attach S3 buckets and define custom transform logic. I've always ended up editing the core file itself. Also related to that, some guidance for importing images after a reset would be super.
Jul 27 2016 10:07
Yeah, I can add the code for importing images into the fixtures section of the tutorial. I posted a snippet that did that in the chat room
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:08
Yeah I recalled something like that, that'd be great.
Jul 27 2016 10:09
CFS collections are mysterious to a lot of people. I hesitate to get too deep into it because there is a good chance we will dump CollectionFS in favor of something else
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:10
Yes, they have confounded me on many occasion. And now that the NPM ecosystem is readily available...
Is there any favorites?
Jul 27 2016 10:11
We are trying to find one that doesn’t rely on imagemagick since that tends to be a security vulnernerability vector
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:11
prefer graphicsmagick?
Jul 27 2016 10:11
graphicsmagick is kind of the same deal
my personal favorite so far is: https://atmospherejs.com/vsivsi/file-collection
Which is just the image/file stuff extracted from CollectionFS
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:15
Regarding gridFS, it always seemed to me that storing files directly in the DB would be an issue at a certain scale, is this founded?
Jul 27 2016 10:15
Yeah, but I think CollectionFS has plugins that allows you to move to S3
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:16
Yes, that's what I currently leverage with CFS, file-collection as well perhaps?
Jul 27 2016 10:16
I know @newsiberian has done some work here already since he tipped me off to the file-collection package
Yeah file-collection is extracted from CollectionsFS with none of all the extra stuff CollectionFS does
and actively supported
I’ve just been watching the project to see how PR’s and issues are handled
so far he is your average cranky sole-maintainer ;)
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:18
haha
Jul 27 2016 10:19
but responsive to issues and PR’s. And he is the same guy who wrote the Job Collection package we use
I expect we will make a decision in the next week or so. It keeps coming up
If anybody else has suggestions we are all ears
Especially for something that emphasizes simplicity
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:21
Ok, in the meantime I'll just override the collectionFS file in core as before. Will keep an eye on file-collection and especially for any hints how S3 support might be integrated. The readme looks a lot more like you could just get your hands dirty, which I like.
Jul 27 2016 10:22
Yeah, sorry I don’t have a better answer
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:22
NP, appreciated as always.
Regarding my earlier Q, I took a look at the master branch reaction-example-package, there are a few recent commits with changes to the registry.js is that the defaultWorkflow changes you referred to?
Jul 27 2016 10:23
Yes, but a PR needs to get approved in development for it to work. reactioncommerce/reaction#1212
Somehow in the refactor the fallback to “coreLayout” got removed. So you would have to add a layout record for every workflow
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:24
I see that explains the behavior
Jul 27 2016 10:24
Yeah, took me a while to figure it out as well
Becuase it did all work
So the tutorial is correct, but the code is wrong. :worried:
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Jul 27 2016 10:26
Thanks for the PR link, I'll copy the change in for now!
Jul 27 2016 10:26