These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

3rd
Aug 2016
Eric Jonas
@ericmachine88
Aug 03 2016 00:04
just install reaction commerce (as per the master doc). When I run reaction command, i saw this
I20160803-08:02:29.532(8)? { [Error: Cannot find module '../build/Release/bson'] code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
W20160803-08:02:29.537(8)? (STDERR) js-bson: Failed to load c++ bson extension, using pure JS version
W20160803-08:02:30.984(8)? (STDERR) [Error: Module did not self-register.]
W20160803-08:02:30.984(8)? (STDERR) { [Error: Cannot find module './build/default/DTraceProviderBindings'] code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
W20160803-08:02:30.985(8)? (STDERR) { [Error: Cannot find module './build/Debug/DTraceProviderBindings'] code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
any idea?
click on any links, mostly broken with this
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 8.05.30 AM.png
sign in with the provided credentials, can’t work either
any idea what’s wrong?
i did run the meteor update to the latest version
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 00:40
Hi @ericmachine88, last week I had similar problem. I installed reaction again with meteor 1.3.x and It worked better. On the development branch is newer meteor release.
Aug 03 2016 00:41
@ericmachine88 You should be able to just ignore the I20160803-08:02:29.532(8)? { [Error: Cannot find module '../build/Release/bson'] code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND’ }
I am seeing that here and everthing is running fine
If you are evaluating RC you should be on the master branch which should be running 1.3.x as @TondaHack mentioned
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 01:50

Hi, I followed package tutorial beesknees for new version of Reaction (https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction-example-plugin), but sometimes got Oops page. Trying on master and development branch as well and the same result.

First issue: When I pass to detail of product from product landing page everything is ok, but when I refresh the product detail page I got Oops page. The same with checkout. How can I debug it? I didn't see any error message.

Second Issue: After register beesknees module I signed in as admin, but can not reach dashboard page, just Oops page again. Tried do some changes beesknees in default.js in client folder and init.js in server folder but without result.

Aug 03 2016 01:52
@TondaHack Are you using a custom layout?
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 01:56
I suppose because of this line Session.set("DEFAULT_LAYOUT", "coreLayoutBeesknees");
Aug 03 2016 01:57
Yeah, there was a change in the way layouts are handled in 14 and I need to update the docs and the tutorial files to accomodate it
To yourinit.js file can you add this function:
function changeLayouts(shopId, newLayout) {
    check(shopId, String);
    check(newLayout, String);
    let shop = Shops.findOne(shopId);
    for (let i = 0; i < shop.layout.length; i++) {
      shop.layout[i].layout = newLayout;
    }
    return Shops.update(shopId, {
      $set: {layout: shop.layout}
    });
  }
and then call it in the Event hook like
changeLayouts(Reaction.getShopId(), “coreLayoutBeesKnees”);
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 02:00
Great. I see a lot of progress in last two weeks. At first I reminded Meteor. Now, I am getting into Reaction more. Thanks I'll try it.
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 02:15
@zenweasel Thanks. Now, I can get Dashboard page, but still sometimes I get Oops page and need to refresh.
Aug 03 2016 02:16
Ok, I am testing it here. Let me work on it a little bit and get back to you.
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 02:17
I am going to sleep, now. Thanks a lot :)
Aug 03 2016 02:17
Ok, I will push changes to the example plugin, so you should be able to just pull
Antonin Hackenberg
@TondaHack
Aug 03 2016 02:18
Tomorrow I'll try it.
Aug 03 2016 02:18
kk
Eric Jonas
@ericmachine88
Aug 03 2016 04:29
i see, so the master branch has to use v1.3.1. I have updated globally to meteor 1.4. Should I uninstall meteor?
Thanks @zenweasel and @TondaHack for replying back
Aug 03 2016 04:45
No, it will install the correct version when you start
You can have different projects running different versions of Meteor. One of the nice things about it
3Maestros
@3Maestros
Aug 03 2016 05:40
I have Reaction running on Ubuntu. It is showing fontawesome icons as square boxes. Can someone please help me resolve this issue?
Aug 03 2016 05:41
Existing issue that is fixed in development: reactioncommerce/reaction#1134
Eric Jonas
@ericmachine88
Aug 03 2016 09:07
noted @zenweasel
looking at the product roadmap, coupon management is not available now right? so i can’t use coupon at all?
Aug 03 2016 09:08
that’s correct. But it is scheduled to be delivered in September
Aug 03 2016 09:46
@spencern Hey, can we set up a time to get your Stripe PR ready to merge. If you can get it up to date I think I can probably fix the workflow issue
Eric Jonas
@ericmachine88
Aug 03 2016 14:47
@zenweasel how does your current customers use the coupon mgmt? custom implement the missing feature?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Aug 03 2016 15:09
Hey @zenweasel I’ll see if I can create time for that this week. Just been busy with other things the last few weeks.
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:11
how can I export all of my products with the their details/filters.
Aug 03 2016 22:11
Just by using the standard mongo export
mongoexport --db meteor --collection Products --port 3001 --jsonArray --pretty > Products.json
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:13
what is the default url for the admin and the default username and passcode.
Aug 03 2016 22:14
there is no default for the admin username/password, it’s randomly generated on first start. Or you can set it in settings.json
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:14
lost my login. but we of course have access to the server
how can I tell me developer to retrieve it for me.
Aug 03 2016 22:15
did you lose the username and password or just the password?
in the future you should be setting it in settings or in environment variables
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:16
both
Aug 03 2016 22:17
there is no way to retrieve it that I know of
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:17
we have ssh access to these ever and database.
http://107.170.238.151 here is what we are working on - however we can't decide what language to sue for the search.
the developers tell me blaze wont work efficiently with 5000 products.
is elastic search a better way to search 5000 items?
Aug 03 2016 22:19
well, we have search scheduled for release in this month, so you might want to hold off and build on top of that
but to answer your question, elastic search is going to give you a faster/more flexible search
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:20
better than what is being developed?
Aug 03 2016 22:21
we may end up using elastic search for our search as well
it has not been determined yet
we are still putting together the spec
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:22
Brent are you available for a little coding to fix some things on my site?
Aug 03 2016 22:23
No, sorry. I’m already overbooked with RC. But there must be someone here who could use the work
munireusa
@munireusa
Aug 03 2016 22:24
any referrals are greatly appreciated.
Aug 03 2016 22:26
Ok
Jacob Gadikian
@faddat
Aug 03 2016 23:28
@munireusa might be able to help you
what is it you're stuck on? Just the best way to search through your products?