These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2016
soyJsus
@soyJSus
Sep 05 2016 15:43
hello @aaronjudd
you can help me ?
I get the following error
Error invoking SubsManager.subscribe("Inventory"): Subscription 'Inventory' not found
eabbcd0….js?meteor_js_resource=true:229 BlazeLayout warning: unknown template "coreLayout"
BlazeLayout warning: unknown template "coreLayout"
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Sep 05 2016 18:25

Hey all, curious if anyone has seen errors like this popping up on the server:

Exception from sub Product id EgkYwyAL3XAeDNnQy MongoError: no mongos proxy available
Exception while polling query {"collectionName":"Accounts","selector":{},"options":{"transform":null}}: MongoError: pool destroyed
Exception in setInterval callback: Error: key $lte must not start with '$'
Exception in setInterval callback: MongoError: Cannot apply $pull to a non-array value

They cause the DB to because inaccessible for a bit and the site hangs. Let me know, thanks!

Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 05 2016 18:25
never seen any of them
what’s your Mongo setup?
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Sep 05 2016 18:27
composeio Mongo+
mmapv1 storage engine and a failover (two connection strings) on 102MB RAM
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 05 2016 18:30
Pretty sure that Compose says two url’s in one string isn’t supported with Meteor (although I’ve been doing that for years with no problem on their “Classic” Mongo product)
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Sep 05 2016 18:31
Yeah they say "Older versions of Node's MongoDB driver (and Meteor pre 1.4) are not able to handle failover between mongos nodes. In that case use one of these instead"
This is the first time I am using the failover connection string
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 05 2016 18:32
Yeah, I’m unfortunately not sure what to say. I’ve never had the issue, but I also don’t use Compose much these days either.
The state of reliable Mongo hosting with Meteor is a little frustrating. Kind of crazy there aren’t more solutions after all these years.
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Sep 05 2016 18:33
I am testing a new pattern where I subscribe to the collection at the component level, for images for instance, to lessen the upfront load.. seems to be acting up more since that push. It means there are 50 separate subscription calls versus 1. Any thoughts on that?
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 05 2016 18:34
There are 50 subscriptions at once? Or one giant subscription got broken up into 50 separate smaller subs?
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Sep 05 2016 18:34
Smaller subs
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 05 2016 18:34
Either way, I’m not aware of any issues with higher sub counts.
And yes, that’s definitely ideal anyway
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Sep 05 2016 18:35
Ok, glad to have your confirmation on that.
Bumping up the RAM to see if it helps.