These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2016
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 29 2016 02:09
@EpifaniaCollection reactioncommerce.com view-source:https://reactioncommerce.com/?_escaped_fragment_= I believe is running the exact same PhantomJS, Docker as Reaction does from https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction/blob/master/.reaction/docker/scripts/install-phantom.sh, I’m not sure why the GetOutfitted staging server isn’t, but I’d guess it’s an older version of Reaction running right now?. Maybe v0.15.. I wish we echoed the Reaction version as a Meteor.public variable, but not sure if that’d be a security issue. So I’m just guessing.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 29 2016 02:20
It also occurs to me that it might not be a good idea to enable spiderable or other seo on some environments, I’m not sure if we’re respecting any kind of Deployment environments in the SEO configuration.
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 05:57
how to store image to different storage (e.g. image hosting, amazon s3, ....), rather than mongodb?
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 06:50

admin email: foo@bar.com
admin pass: qwerty

i deployed latest of master branch, but works like buggy

i can't enlarge product images in customer view
if i select another language, it can't show the translation
Sep 29 2016 06:58
you will only see translated messages when there is a translation present
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 06:59
why i can't enlarge product images?
Sep 29 2016 07:00
not sure I understand, enlarge what images? I don’t see any images
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 07:02

i uploaded images to product, and removed
right now doesn't have images

if a customer want to view the image in large scale, it doesn't happened

now i uploaded again
if i click the image, it doesn't display in large view
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 07:07
screenshot-reaction-demo.herokuapp.com 2016-09-29 12-06-18.png
Sep 29 2016 07:08
the hero image there is the large view
were you expecting something else?
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 07:09
i expected to display in modal windows
it's not large view
Sep 29 2016 07:09
afaik that’s not how it works. It has never done that
although the fact that it’s clickable does hint that something should happen when you click on it
Epifania Collection - christian orthodox priest vestments and church items
@EpifaniaCollection
Sep 29 2016 07:10
https://getoutfitted.com/ has a nice carousel/slider
@zenweasel do you know if the new style @mikemurray is working would have such a carousel/slider?
Sep 29 2016 07:11
you could add that simply enough if that’s something that you want
@epifania it will look pretty much exactly like the current one
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 07:12

https://getoutfitted.com/ has a nice carousel/slider

@EpifaniaCollection exactly!
how to do like this?

Sep 29 2016 07:13
I guess that’s one downside of meteor, as normally I would just say to view-source and see
Abd ar-Rahman Hamidi
@hbakhtiyor
Sep 29 2016 07:15
haha
Sep 29 2016 07:20
their site is not open sourced but @Spencern is on here and I bet if you asked nicely he would share that with you
Epifania Collection - christian orthodox priest vestments and church items
@EpifaniaCollection
Sep 29 2016 07:21
I agree with the fact that current view gives a feeling that something is missing.
user's experience is drove by amazon/ebay/etc. And they are used to clicking and getting a carousel ..
Sep 29 2016 07:22
well, you wouldn’t have a carousel there for one image
and actually Amazon doesn’t use a carousel
but I get your point
if you look at Amazon’s implementation, it’s quite similar to ours
hero image, plus thumbnail of others
Epifania Collection - christian orthodox priest vestments and church items
@EpifaniaCollection
Sep 29 2016 07:24
they have the zoom thing
Sep 29 2016 07:24
right, also not a carousel
generally I think we expect that most developers would want to customize that experience
but it could be slicker “out of the box"
when the page is all React, you can then choose from the 10’s of thousands of React components
off to the store for dinner fixin's, back in a while
Epifania Collection - christian orthodox priest vestments and church items
@EpifaniaCollection
Sep 29 2016 08:00
wow, ebay has something really nice.
from the user experience p.o.v., they see all the pictures together, BUT, the moment they select one variant (e.g. black) it jumps to the group of pictures with black t-shirts.
and if they click the image with another color (e.g. navy), it changes the option selection from dropdown box.
(and it frames the pictures from that variant)
Sep 29 2016 08:41
yeah, there’s a lot of different ways you can display images
depends on what products you are selling, what sort of photos you have
Epifania Collection - christian orthodox priest vestments and church items
@EpifaniaCollection
Sep 29 2016 08:42
all would abide to the same pattern: Product/Variants/Options
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 10:53
Hey Guys - I have installed and configured reaction commerce. Added products. How does it show on the end user? Any ideas on it?
Sep 29 2016 10:53
you should see a grid of all products on the home page by default
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 10:54
I see the same.. there is no theme available for end user?
I am probably coming with a woo commerce back ground and thus there is a gap so bear with me. Good thing is I was able to build it at least ;)
Sep 29 2016 10:54
No, that is on purpose, so that editing products is “What you see is what you get"
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 10:55
Understood..For the shop page this is fine. How does one build the entire user front end based on the same?
Sep 29 2016 10:56
Sorry, I don’t understand. What sort of front-end were you expecting beyond what is already available?
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 10:56
Is this mobile optimized?
Sep 29 2016 10:56
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 10:56
So for example pls check http
How do I get other links like about us, contact us. Top bar menu and footer and so on.
Hope I am making sense now.
Sep 29 2016 10:57
Have you checked out the Customization Guide?
It covers at least some of what you mention
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 10:59
This does not have customization guide
Sep 29 2016 11:00
that’s a link to the Customization Guide that covers adding new routes (for things like About) and changing or replacing templates
It’s the best place to start with RC
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 11:01
Got it. This is more involved for a non developer like myself I believe
Sep 29 2016 11:02
Yes, that’s true. You need to have experience with HTML/CSS/Javascript to do any customizations
Himanshu Khona
@himanshukhona_twitter
Sep 29 2016 11:03
Okay..will check how I can do the same ;)
I understand it but cant code. However thank you so much. You guys are awesome
Sep 29 2016 11:04
:+1:
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 29 2016 18:09
@himanshukhona_twitter just want to note that we started working on some theming / customization tools for non-developers, but the reality is that we’ve become distracted working on other components. it’s something we’d (the core team) like to get to (eventually), but for now we’re catering more to the developer/designer. All that said, I’d love to get more feedback from everyone on ways we can making theming work better (than what we have) but also in general, how to do it better than it’s been done in other projects as well.. This is the kind of contribution we’d be happy for someone to work on as well, as we’re not making much progress for a while on a “theming” UI.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 29 2016 18:19
@EpifaniaCollection just wanted to add to your UI thoughts on the product detail page. We’re planning on spending a lot of time on UX/UI updates cleanup, and just generally making the entire flow better, with some specific focus on the admin experience in the product and dashboard area. We just started work on a component and style guide as well, and will be sharing some of the design strategy over the next couple of weeks. This is part of of our efforts to start tying up all the loose ends to get us to a 1.0 release. We’ve also been talking about getting some livestream meetings going where we can discuss ongoing development strategy (instead of just the core team), this seems like a good topic for an initial meeting, I’d say.