These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Dec 2016
Ivanthadev
@ivanthemeh
Dec 29 2016 14:16
@aaronjudd I am using the fresh install of development with my plugin added. Where would I edit the catalog settings? Im sorry, not familiar with that.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 29 2016 15:09
@ivanthemeh in the dashboard, under the “Catalog”, there is a setting for “Product Revision Control”. If this is enabled, you’ll be using the react version of the PDP page, that also includes product revisions. I’m just thinking that “type” might actually be the product type that’s missing in the data, but not sure. try creating a product with revisions enabled though, as that’s the only way the react PDP should work.. (it is on by default in 0.18, but maybe you’re starting with some older data or something)...
murillojohn
@murillojohn
Dec 29 2016 17:20
@aaronjudd Hi Aaron. Thank you for your response. I'm trying to implement a functionality to make a quick payment for any item, without the need to add it to the cart. So that the user only needs to click a single "pay" button to go into the payment process, and skip the review shopping cart step.
Ivanthadev
@ivanthemeh
Dec 29 2016 17:31
@aaronjudd :thumbsup: :clap: thanks man that was it!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 29 2016 17:46
@murillojohn that’s a tough one to give a simple answer, but the first thing that comes to mind is that you’d want to create a couple custom layout + plus custom checkout flow. You could add payment methods to the cart.billing (there is now a “payment/apply” method available in 0.18 as well), that doesn’t need to happen during a review, as the cart is always a complete document, you really could just add the necessary objects to the cart then call the “cart/copyCartToOrder” method.
we’ve also got an issue to move the payment button out of the actual payment methods UI in the cart, that’d probably help get you the functionality you need.
murillojohn
@murillojohn
Dec 29 2016 17:56
@aaronjudd Thank you very much, Aaron! That is very useful. I will give it a try.
@aaronjudd I have one observation regarding the PayPal payment plugin. I'm trying to save the account information for the PayPal Express testing mode, but the save button appears disabled. Do you know if this may occur because the account information isn't the correct one?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 29 2016 21:38
haven’t seen that, I’ll try to replicate but if that is true, you can actually set the values using reaction.json. during development, it’s easier to pre-configure the packages in reaction.json rather than having to configure every time you do a reset.
don’t think it would be disabled just because of the credentials though, I don’t think we validate they work, we just save them...