These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2017
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 03:28
Hi @paridas, did you try the docs yet for theming? https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/creating-a-theme
I have the issue as orenku seems but I'm running on a Google Compute Engine server.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 26 2017 04:14
@mikeumus The easiest way to reinstall meteor is to delete the .meteor directory in your home directory (not your project directory) and then run reaction. It will install on first run.
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 05:08
k cool, Thanks @zenweasel :)
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 05:58
Seems trying to run Meteor 1.4.3.1 on RC 0.19 isn't ready yet but that's okay, reverting is fine.
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 06:09
Are any parts of /imports/plugins/included/product-variant even used anymore now with product-detail-simple ?
It'd be nice to delete it :smiling_imp:
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 06:26
The variantForm.js is still being used.
anrag
@anrag
Feb 26 2017 10:01
Hi
is it possible to build full ecommerce site in 24 hrs using reaction
please let me know
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 26 2017 10:08
@anrag Sure. It all depends on your requirements. If you are willing to work with things "out of the box" you should be set
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 15:45

I'm running RC in debug mode (rc debug) but on the same line that I put a console.log(Reaction) and a debugger;, typing Reaction on this same line breakpoint gives Reaction is not defined

I think this is because of Meteor socket nature but is there a way to run the server in a way that we can use breakpoints in the debugger and still have access to that line's scope in Chrome Dev Tools? Confusing because the Meteor docs say to just rock a debugger; in meteor debug: https://docs.meteor.com/commandline.html#meteordebug

Do I need REACTION_LOG_LEVEL="DEBUG" maybe? https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/development/logging

tst17
@tst17
Feb 26 2017 21:26
Guys, I think you want to update your docs regarding Routes (Adding Custom Pages/Routes) section. In function addRolesToVisitors that deals with permissions you are using $addToSet: { "defaultRole": "about"}. It should be plural defaultRoles.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 26 2017 21:26
@tst17 You can do that by submitting a PR against the reaction-docs repo. Doc updates are always appreciated.
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 21:28
If I console.log() the variables I'm interested in on the line before my debugger; I can then play with those vars in Chrome Dev Tools.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 26 2017 21:35
@mikeumus What line in the code are you trying to put the debugger line?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Feb 26 2017 21:41
Not sure why that doesn’t work. There is nothing Reaction or Meteor specific going on there in terms of the debugger
Michael Duane Mooring
@mikeumus
Feb 26 2017 21:54
yeah it is strange, maybe a bug, with my laptop and Chrome together.