These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Mar 2017
SDPlissken
@SDPlissken
Mar 17 2017 05:21
Hi
just installed the new release on windows
but reaction start up gets hung up when starting the mongo db it seems
it just says Started MongoDB and then nothing more for like 30min
any ideas ?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Mar 17 2017 05:30
I would just cancel out of it and try starting it again. Sometimes its get hung up running the first time when trying to download dependencies
SDPlissken
@SDPlissken
Mar 17 2017 05:35
it still downloads stuff ? that would explain since i am in china and won´t even start describing my connection :(
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Mar 17 2017 05:36
Yeah, if you’re not in North America it can be problematic
Jinpeng LV
@gepolv
Mar 17 2017 07:12
@impactmass I have a reply to your review. Please take a look: reactioncommerce/reaction#2003
tkdanhpro
@tkdanhpro
Mar 17 2017 07:39
@SDPlissken I had same problem when installed on windows. so I installed it on ubuntu virtual machine and it worked faster
SDPlissken
@SDPlissken
Mar 17 2017 08:03
@tkdanhpro thanks it´s just that i am about to loose my patience with this software ;) too cumbersome to get it to run
Seun Martins
@impactmass
Mar 17 2017 10:10
ok @gepolv. I’ll take a look shortly (as soon as I can)
Seun Martins
@impactmass
Mar 17 2017 10:25
@gepolv, take a look at @zenweasel ’s comment on the PR when you have time
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Mar 17 2017 12:04
@SDPlissken Experiencing the same issue in Paris, France. Reaction takes a looooot of time to start up. The only option seems to be patience ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Btw nice to meet you guys. First time on Gitter. I'm a freelancer currently building a Reaction website for a client
Congratulations to the team on the v1! Can't wait to see what's next 🎉
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Mar 17 2017 12:31
Thanks @loanlaux
Stevaras
@stevaras
Mar 17 2017 15:17
Sorry to bother but spelling error in line 58 in file settingsCard.js, "return this.prope.expanded;" instead of "return this.props.expanded;". This fixes the social card expand issue in Dashboard
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 17 2017 18:23
@vigyano have the products been published? sold out -> sounds like it could just be that the products haven’t been published, maybe the inventory hooks haven’t ran yet.
@loanlaux @SDPlissken normally -> first time start, initializing db, etc. 3-5 minutes. As @zenweasel noted, after it’s running, the reload of changes is a lot quicker..
@stevaras I believe that’s corrected already, that currently reads this.props.expanded;
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 17 2017 18:29
@SDPlissken after the meteor starts, there are additional packages/modules still being downloaded. Some of them are still coming from the Meteor / atmosphere package registry, which has historically had some issues (with MaxCDN, I believe)… best thing is to retry
@vigyano have you tried just publishing one of those products after import?
Vigy
@vigyano
Mar 17 2017 18:42
@aaronjudd Yes, I did publish the product after import and also tried to re-edit and publish again, increased the quantity but the "sold out" is not going away.
hrath2015
@hrath2015
Mar 17 2017 18:44
@vigyano is it deployed anywhere to look at?(url etc)
also which version of Reaction?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 17 2017 19:32
@vigyano “sold out” isn’t determined (directly) by the product data, but rather the inventory collection, are there records in the Inventory collection for the new products you’ve imported?
Vigy
@vigyano
Mar 17 2017 20:24
@hrath2015 I have tested both in latest master and development version v1 reaction. Both got same issues.
@aaronjudd : Let me check the inventory collection
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 17 2017 20:28
I didn’t follow all your original thread, but can you also verify the catalog “revisions enabled” status? (I’m assuming that’s enabled).
I just want to see if we an isolate to a misconfigured product, or a view, or an inventory issue...
Vigy
@vigyano
Mar 17 2017 20:32
@aaronjudd : yes, I had 2 quantity in product and the Inventory has two items with ProductId of the same.
blob
Yes, Product Revisions enabled.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 17 2017 20:58
I’ve got a few ideas, but it’s going to need a deeper look at it, can you create an issue, with steps to replicate your case, and we can track it there and work on this. I’m pretty sure I know what you’re doing so I’ll try to replicate when I get chance. The private data might not be best approach, that’s meant more as fixture data and will reload on every start, vs a plugin that uses the import api, but that’s another topic.