These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Mar 2017
Gautam Thapar
@Gautam_Thapar_twitter
Mar 26 2017 13:27
Hello, I tried to install RC on DigitalOcean using Docker and it went well but the admin details does not seem to work (using mongoDB inside RC itself). What did I miss?
Anthony France
@afrance
Mar 26 2017 13:45
I'm new to using docker and have probably spent far longer than I should have before trying to get some help here... but I can accomplish everything except for building a new docker image. I can docker pull, rerag, and repush to my own registry. If I build this it will work but I have no idea how to customize anything. I can pull down the repo, install node, meteor, etc and get the site up and running with the master branch that way. But cannot for the life of me figure out how to combine both of these so that I can actually start working on customizing things for a new website and then deploy it with docker. The error is always Error: EINVAL: invalid argument, readlink '/root/.meteor/packages/cfs_filesystem/0.1.2' but the actual package that the error is in is constantly changing. Scrolling through the chat here, forums, and docs it seems like it should be easy and straight forward, but I've going on hour 18 or so of not making any progress... about to just give up on the project alltogether... =\
@Gautam_Thapar_twitter set your env variables otherwise the account is randomly generated and email unverified and you have to pull the info from the logs.
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Mar 26 2017 14:13
@afrance you get that error every time? What is the output of reaction -v?
Anthony France
@afrance
Mar 26 2017 14:16
yeah, the file it has issues with seems to change from time to time though, next time I wipe everything out and start everything from scratch it'll probably be with a different file
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Mar 26 2017 14:19
It’s an issue with reading a symlink to a Meteor package. I have no idea how to fix it, but it’s apparently an inconsistent bug with the Meteor build.
Anthony France
@afrance
Mar 26 2017 14:19
I'm walking through all the setup docs again thinking I may have missed somethign the previous 15 times and will post when I can again.. ;)
also working on setting up a linux vm so I can try it outside of windows as well...
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Mar 26 2017 14:20
Nope, not you. Definitely a random build bug. Probably something to do with the Docker AUFS file system
Always try outside of Windows. :)
I’ll take a closer look tomorrow
Anthony France
@afrance
Mar 26 2017 14:21
i'm mostly .net but me and a buddy has an idea and reaction was the best fit for the idea and I've been putting off doing anything with docker for too long so this seemed like something to push me to have to do it... =D
Thanks for the response, enjoy your sunday! (or whenever it is=P)
Jerell Robinson
@JerellDR
Mar 26 2017 16:05
I've been reading documentation but it's not yet clear to me whether reaction commerce can be integrated into an existing react application. I have a blog site I want to add a commerce page to. is this easily done with react commerce?
l0qii
@l0qii
Mar 26 2017 18:20
when I do a sudo reaction build <image> it give me an error, but doesn't give me any real output about what is going wrong. is there as way to get more info during the build process? Here's all I get:
Step 1 : COPY . $APP_SOURCE_DIR
Step 1 : RUN cd $APP_SOURCE_DIR &&             bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/build-meteor.sh &&             bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/post-build-cleanup.sh
 ---> Running in ed8d087968dd
/opt/build_scripts/build-meteor.sh: line 16:     6 Killed                  npm i -g reaction-cli
The command '/bin/sh -c cd $APP_SOURCE_DIR &&             bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/build-meteor.sh &&             bash $BUILD_SCRIPTS_DIR/post-build-cleanup.sh' returned a non-zero code: 137
this is just a vanilla clone of the reaction repo, nothing special
l0qii
@l0qii
Mar 26 2017 18:25
reaction -v is
Node: 4.2.6
NPM: 3.5.2
Docker: 1.12.6
Reaction CLI: 0.7.9
Reaction: 1.0.0
CisumInas
@cisuminas
Mar 26 2017 21:56
Hey guys, just wondering how long it takes to build docker images for you? like hours?
CisumInas
@cisuminas
Mar 26 2017 22:40
And if you do development, do u build images?