These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Apr 2017
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 01:10
hi, I'm getting this warning when I try to use my own custom Shops.json file in private/data and the app never starts, it just hangs at this point
WARN Reaction: Error getting shopId for 'AnalyticsEvents.permit()'
to generate the Shops.json I started without one, logged in as admin, made changes in the dashboard, and then exported the new json file from mongo.
maybe it is looking for data that was lost when I did a reaction reset? But I don't know enough to know what that would be
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 01:13
Yeah, it sounds like you might be missing some data from your Shop.json. You might want to start with the default and then make your changes and export.
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 01:58
ok looks like that worked, but didn't accomplish what I intended in the first place, which was to disable the currency and language dropdowns using initial config settings. I know that in the dashboard if I deselect all, and then select the 1 currency and 1 language I want, it will disable those menus, but when I create a Shops.json with just 1 of each set to true, the menu is still there each with the 1 option. What other setting am I missing?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 02:00
Hmmm, I would have been sure that would have worked
What do you see in the currencies array in your Shops.json?
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 02:02
i see every currency with "enabled": false, (execpt USD which is true) and below that is "currency": "USD", which is the one I want
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 02:03
Right, the currency record is your shop currency
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 02:03
and similar for languages
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 02:03
and when you reaction reset and load that record, you don’t see the dropdown hidden?
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 02:07
should I open one?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 02:08
Yeah, can you include your Shops.json to reproduce?
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 02:08
sure
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 02:09
Should be an easy one to fix if we can reproduce it I would think
l0qii
@l0qii
Apr 12 2017 02:15
done
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 02:16
Thanks. I’ll try to see we get that fixed quickly.
Thushara
@thushvv_twitter
Apr 12 2017 04:11
I linked my github reaction ecommerce to heroku,but it shows an error while loading the deployed app.Is there any change in configuration or settings in order to make it working in heroku?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 06:01
We don’t really support deploying to Heroku, but have you checked out https://medium.com/@oreagunbiade/reactioncommerce-heroku-deploy-guide-f5672e242863
Johannes Neumeier
@kontur
Apr 12 2017 09:58
Hey folks! Been checking out the future roadmap and in particular would be curious about where on the list of priorities, e.g. how far in the future, digital products are?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 12 2017 15:46
@kontur we’ve had a few requests ( a very old issue #191) but that there hasn’t been that much activity on this, so it’s not been that high on the list. content management and marketplace are the big “epic” features we’re working on now. If you need digitial goods, the actual product page would be easy enough, the decisions that probably need more specs are probably around the checkout flow, and fullfilment handling.. I think it’s worth a fresh look though, even a new issue with a well thought out workflow would probably be enough to get some movement...
Johannes Neumeier
@kontur
Apr 12 2017 17:34
hey @aaronjudd thanks for the info, I did see that issue and got the impression it's not current scheduled anytime soon. I'll have a play around with reaction to evaluate some more, but for me digital deliveries are currently essential, I'm afraid. I've used meteor briefly, so I found this project a refreshing alternative with potential, but I doubt my know-how is enough to further this particular issue myself much, so that's why I'm inquiring
I'll consider submitting a fresh ticket with my needs once I've played around a bit more ,)
rotexhawk
@rotexhawk
Apr 12 2017 19:34
does reaction work with scss out of the box?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 12 2017 21:09
brendan hastings
@brendanhastings_twitter
Apr 12 2017 21:47
trying to get reaction up locally and localhost just hangs. Eventually I get a few errors/.. wondering if anyone else has seen them.
/.meteor/packages/ecmascript/.0.6.3.fm001t++os+web.browser+web.cordova/plugin.compile-ecmascript.os/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:190
throw error;
Error: ENFILE: file table overflow, open '/Users/brendanhastings/.meteor/packages/kadira_flow-router-ssr/.3.13.0.1dsdoq6++os+web.browser+web.cordova/npm/node_modules/babel-plugin-inline-environment-variables/.meteor-portable-1.json'
and a bunch more following that one
any ideas would be appreciated
it runs for a good 4 mins before throwing these errors, but nothing will load on localhost
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 12 2017 21:58
@brendanhastings_twitter Check at the bottom of this page: https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/requirements
You need to increase the # of open file handles
brendan hastings
@brendanhastings_twitter
Apr 12 2017 23:12
sweet that worked thanks @zenweasel !!
Brent Hoover