These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2017
Clive Makamara
@cmosh
May 29 2017 04:47
Hello, I love reaction commerce it's been extremely easy to set up and start using but I have a small problem. I don't know how to setup a custom admin email account in production and also meteor seems to be running in development mode even with the default docker image, any help would be greatly appreciated 😅
Clive Makamara
@cmosh
May 29 2017 09:29
M
hrath2015
@hrath2015
May 29 2017 10:16
@cmosh you can use following to set up admin account..
docker run -d \
  -p 80:3000 \
  -e ROOT_URL="http://<your app url>" \
  -e MONGO_URL="mongodb://<your mongo url>" \
  -e REACTION_EMAIL="youradmin@yourdomain.com" \
  -e REACTION_USER="admin-username" \
  -e REACTION_AUTH="admin-password" \
  reactioncommerce/reaction:latest
Rohan Sharma
@rohan5894
May 29 2017 11:45
HI
i have setup market place
when i add product not showing any option save product
please check
please let me how can add products in shop
I was able to add a product. But after publish something went wrong. if you check DB you will know.
Rohan Sharma
@rohan5894
May 29 2017 12:03
when i run reaction run then i am getting error

A newer version of Reaction exists on Github.

Current version: 1.1.1
Available version: 1.2.0

To update, run: reaction pull

Using settings file at settings/settings.json

Setting up plugin imports...

Setting up style imports...

Even with METEOR_ALLOW_SUPERUSER or --allow-superuser, permissions in your app
directory will be incorrect if you ever attempt to perform any Meteor tasks as
a normal user. If you need to fix your permissions, run the following command
from the root of your project:

sudo chown -Rh <username> .meteor/local

Even with METEOR_ALLOW_SUPERUSER or --allow-superuser, permissions in your app
directory will be incorrect if you ever attempt to perform any Meteor tasks as
a normal user. If you need to fix your permissions, run the following command
from the root of your project:

sudo chown -Rh <username> .meteor/local

Rohan Sharma
@rohan5894
May 29 2017 15:11
please let me know how to resolve this error
current i have run meteor run through command
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
May 29 2017 15:17
have you tried this ?
update, run: reaction pull
hrath2015
@hrath2015
May 29 2017 15:57
@rohan5894 please refer #1673
Folusho Oladipo
@andela-foladipo
May 29 2017 23:08
@hrath2015 @jshimko I am also getting the same error as @rohan5894 . I have tried chowning my directory as suggested in #1673, but it doesn't work. I have also tried many, many other things, but to no avail. Help!
Folusho Oladipo
@andela-foladipo
May 29 2017 23:47

Now, based on all the solutions I've tried, I think the problem is that inside the container, when the Docker build tries to run Meteor, the user at that point is always root. I have tried to modify this by using useradd to create a new user and Docker's USER command to specify that user as the account for running subsequent commands, but it still doesn't work. I have also tried to modify the scripts in REACTION_REPO/.reaction/docker/scripts by specifying the user there, but that didn't work too.

So, how do I ensure that all commands in the Docker container for Reaction are run as a non-root user? Or what exactly is the solution to this problem?