These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2017
Medya Gh
@medyagh
May 30 2017 01:17
I want to have a shop that when user orders a product, they be able to enter a Text box for comments or upload a pic, how hard is to add that ? (imagine I have a shop that will print whatever text the user wants on a t-shirt) how hard would that be to add that feature to my vanila reaction
Rohan Sharma
@rohan5894
May 30 2017 03:33
@hrath2015 @andela-foladipo i follow all the instruction and i have try to other user to install reaction but i am getting the same error
Rohan Sharma
@rohan5894
May 30 2017 06:11
when in run "reaction run --allow-superuser --unsafe-perm" other user then i am getting this error

Retrying after error { [Error: SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file]
errno: 14, code: 'SQLITE_CANTOPEN' }
Retrying after error { [Error: SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file]
errno: 14, code: 'SQLITE_CANTOPEN' }
/home/hitly1/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.4_2.5g3s0q++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:190
throw error;
^

Error: SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file
at Error (native)
=> awaited here:
at Promise.await (/home/hitly1/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.4_2.5g3s0q++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/meteor-promise/promiseserver.js:39:12)
at [object Object].
.extend.execute (/tools/packaging/catalog/catalog-remote.js:355:8)
at /tools/packaging/catalog/catalog-remote.js:144:10
at [object Object].
.extend.retry (/tools/packaging/catalog/catalog-remote.js:156:16)
at new Db (/tools/packaging/catalog/catalog-remote.js:143:8)
at [object Object].
.extend.initialize (/tools/packaging/catalog/catalog-remote.js:694:15)
at /tools/cli/main.js:844:20

unable to access database
Nnenanya Obinna Kingsley
@andela-onnenanya
May 30 2017 06:56
Hi, please how do I add a static page? I want to add an 'About" page on my project. I am a student and new to reaction. Please, your kind assistance is appreciated!!!
Seun Martins
@impactmass
May 30 2017 09:41
@andela-onnenanya you can take a look at https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/plugin-layouts-3 … the tutorial mentions at a point how you can add static pages
Nnenanya Obinna Kingsley
@andela-onnenanya
May 30 2017 09:43
@impactmass Thanks a lot, let me go through it.
Rohan Sharma
@rohan5894
May 30 2017 10:24
hi @impactmass i have run the marketplace bracnh code but i run meteor run command
i am getting error in reaction run command
app i run but i not able to add products can you please check this ip http://52.165.186.129/
can please let me know what is the issue
Tian Chao
@diyinhaitang
May 30 2017 11:58
I believe Reaction Commerce needs a more complete tutorial with fully explained practical examples.
Also, it should be pointed out in the documentation that to better understand each functionality, a developer must master which frameworks as the basis.
Seun Martins
@impactmass
May 30 2017 12:29
@rohan5894 that links shows Apache Ubuntu default page….. I guess it went down by the time I came to check
To make it easier, you can paste the error you’re getting here
and maybe the steps you took to get the error

@diyinhaitang thanks. We are working to (and will continue to) improve the docs.

On base knowledge required…. On a global level, I believe it’s mostly Meteor, Node and now React.

Tian Chao
@diyinhaitang
May 30 2017 12:47
@impactmass Since Reaction Commerce is modular, I believe that if one module(functionality) is fully explained, understanding other modules and techniques is just a piece of cake for developers.
@diyinhaitang Currently, I feel that even though you explain all functionality one by one in Reaction Commerce, readers or developers may find it hard to grasp the whole picture. However, if one functionality is fully explained, developers will be able to understand the philosophy and technique used so that they can apply the philosophy and technique to other modules or even customized modules...
@impactmass Currently, I feel that even though you explain all functionality one by one in Reaction Commerce, readers or developers may find it hard to grasp the whole picture. However, if one functionality is fully explained, developers will be able to understand the philosophy and technique used so that they can apply the philosophy and technique to other modules or even customized modules...
Seun Martins
@impactmass
May 30 2017 12:54
good tip 👍
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
May 30 2017 14:19
Back from travel abroad for a bit. I look forward to taking it to +11 from this week on
@diyinhaitang A tech writer is being added to the team (currently recruiting from my understanding)
Clive Makamara
@cmosh
May 30 2017 16:41
@hrath2015 Thank you so much I really appreciate it
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
May 30 2017 18:56
Hi. Is npm run test-local still supposed to be used in order to start local selenium tests? Because it throws an error due to wrong file path when loading tests/acceptance-tests/config/settings.yml .
Or is that function orphaned because acceptance-tests are done via other means (e.g. browserstack?)
riskaverse
@riskaverse
May 30 2017 21:59
Hello, I would like to know does reactioncommerce is able to connect to Relational DB ? Thanks for your response
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
May 30 2017 22:00
Short answer : No
long answer: there is a project to use Postgres with Meteor but even then it would probably take some work to port
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
May 30 2017 22:01
Reaction is MongoDB only at this point, but you could extend it to use any data source with GraphQL if you wanted to.
riskaverse
@riskaverse
May 30 2017 22:07
Thanks for your quick response!
riskaverse
@riskaverse
May 30 2017 22:12
Does anybody can recommend any ract.js ecommerce platform ?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 30 2017 22:25
@prinzdezibel I think that’s a bit orphaned.. it should still be able to work, but hasn’t been updated since we added the first browserstack tests. There was some issues with the npm dependencies, and I remember that we might have updated at some point to a (newer) broken version, so likely needs some debugging. we’re focusing on the react component tests now, vs browser tests