These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

2nd
Jun 2017
hrath2015
@hrath2015
Jun 02 2017 05:42
@curranabell it works when I tried based on your repo. Hope you saw the message I posted in component channel showing you how.
please give it a try. Hope that is what u were looking for.
Sarvesh Acharya
@acharyasarvesh
Jun 02 2017 12:43
Hi
Is this web only or can be used for mobile applications?
prosf
@prosf
Jun 02 2017 13:43
@mikemurray @spencern Thanks for the answers
aviadbd
@aviadbd
Jun 02 2017 17:25
@janus-reith solved it alright, did as you have. gave myself a 4gb swap just in case, just like you. It's a little sad I can't do any FROM swap4g or something. :smile:
bebob1
@bebob1
Jun 02 2017 18:10
Hello there. I'm running reaction in a small digital ocean droplet (Debian, 512mb) and after the startup says "MongoDB started" it just says "killed" :( i tried to start loggin (meteor > /var/log/meteor.log) but the log doesn't show anything. Has anyone an idea what's going wrong here?
Mike Murray
@mikemurray
Jun 02 2017 18:23
@bebob1 we recommend at least 2gb of ram. See https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/development/deploying
especially if you’re going to run mongo on the same server
bebob1
@bebob1
Jun 02 2017 18:32
hey mike, so you think it's a hardware issue?
Mike Murray
@mikemurray
Jun 02 2017 18:32
May not have enough ram
bebob1
@bebob1
Jun 02 2017 18:34
ok, I will resize the ram and check in again
thanks mike
hrath2015
@hrath2015
Jun 02 2017 18:34
@jshimko submitted 1 issue in reaction-cli repo.
meteor 1.5 and reaction run not going well on windows
bebob1
@bebob1
Jun 02 2017 18:45
with 1gig I at least get an error: FATAL ERROR: Deoptimizer::EnsureCodeForDeoptimizationEntry Allocation failed - process out of memory
so it's obvious, I need a bigger droplet ;) Getting expensive here haha
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jun 02 2017 19:15
@bebob1 are you running reaction run on your droplet?
bebob1
@bebob1
Jun 02 2017 19:28
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jun 02 2017 19:29
reaction run is for running Reaction in development and its not a suitable method for deploying a production app. We recommend developing locally and deploying using a containerized build of your app. See more for deploying here: https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/development/deploying
If you are just trying to evaluate the system though, we’d recommend running it on your local machine
bebob1
@bebob1
Jun 02 2017 19:30
ah ok, thank you
Curran
@curranabell
Jun 02 2017 20:07
@hrath2015 Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it! I tried the code and it didn't work at first but then I took away the second set of <MuiThemeProvider> tags enclosing {element} and now the homepage is working and I am good to go! Very happy I can use react on the homepage now. Awesome can't thank you enough for the help and actually looking at my code!
Curran
@curranabell
Jun 02 2017 21:03
Ok so I got a weird problem. I got my customHomePage working by laying out all the react code on the homepage but I realized I need to just use components instead. I then made a new homepage called customHomePageNew in my repository and realized the custom component imports into the customHomePage were not importing and the homepage was blank. When I look at the react debugger it just shows my imported components greyed out and the debugger saying the objects are empty. Not sure what could be wrong here but I made a commit to my repository for the theme. Maybe someone could take a look. The one that is working is just named customHomePage and the customHomePageNew is what I believe the customHomePage should be. Thank You! https://github.com/curranabell/materialTheme