These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jun 2017
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 17 2017 04:50 UTC
fwiw, I tested the curent search with 50k products and still had < 100ms seek times
at the line you are calling out you are only fetching the results of the subscription, so not sure exactly what you mean
here is where you are passing the filtering in
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 17 2017 05:02 UTC
so maybe I don’t quite understand your question
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Jun 17 2017 18:48 UTC
@zenweasel perhaps I don't have a well formed question. Since what I'm really trying to do is understrand search in Reaction soup to nuts
so your comment is helpful
I think I need to go and look at the subscription and that's probably what I'm most interested
How products/variants are being filtered before being published
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Jun 17 2017 18:56 UTC
@aaronjudd @zenweasel I think for the most part now that I read ./included/search-mongo/server/publications/searchresults.js things are clicking for me
We're only broadcasting the results that pass this search down to the client and filtering those via minimongo or in code isn't such a big deal
One would want to be careful when having 50K rows that you choose patterns/algos for sorting etc that are faster than 0(N) if you have a very large store. I currently support some stores with up to 4 million skus. This is not the norm
by any standard though
more common /typical is < 1000 skus by a measure of 20 to one.
So I'm good for now. IU'
Thanks for the assist!
odapplications
@odapplications
Jun 17 2017 22:03 UTC
I am having trouble with the initial install.. Using ubuntu / linux and after running MongoDB it will kill the process.. has anyone experienced this issue?
odapplications
@odapplications
Jun 17 2017 22:11 UTC
I have included this "sudo chown -R $USER ~/.meteor"
and will update..
still not working
odapplications
@odapplications
Jun 17 2017 22:27 UTC
I have now made sure that mongodb has been installed and is running.. I have also install NPM / NODEJS... very strange. Do you think maybe I do not have enough processing? That is why it gets killed..?
odapplications
@odapplications
Jun 17 2017 22:35 UTC
The issue, was there was not enough memory to support the application. I upgraded to 4gb. Running no problem. Thank you :)
odapplications
@odapplications
Jun 17 2017 22:49 UTC
can someone email me at odappsdev@gmail.com if you know about adding bitcoin payments to this platform. Thank you
odapplications
@odapplications
Jun 17 2017 23:30 UTC
I just noticed the future plans you have are some of my requirements I am looking to implement within this platform. Including Bitcoin Payments and also having vendors and shops within the application...
I will help contribute any way i can, my email is above. I really love the way this platform functions. Especially with ubuntu it is quite awesome! thank you again for even doing this project!