These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jul 2017
whitewaterbug
@whitewaterbug2_twitter
Jul 05 2017 04:19 UTC
just learned of RC. could someone give an estimate of how long it would take to create an RC theme for simple shops with a few products to sell?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jul 05 2017 04:35 UTC
it depends on how different you want RC to look/act
Just to change things like colors, logo, etc. Would only take you a couple of hours.
whitewaterbug
@whitewaterbug2_twitter
Jul 05 2017 04:36 UTC
banner, some layouts
Carlos Olivera Terrazas
@carlos-olivera
Jul 05 2017 05:04 UTC
I just shared a custom plugin for RC, with some widgets for the home page like a carousel, you can choose specific products for home page. And other features: https://github.com/carlos-olivera/Next-Reaction
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jul 05 2017 05:06 UTC
:+1: Awesome
ereyes97
@ereyes97
Jul 05 2017 07:39 UTC
@carlos-olivera Great ! :+1:
ottomMT
@ottomMT
Jul 05 2017 09:34 UTC

Your app is crashing. Here's the latest log:
cfs:tempstore: updating npm dependencies -- combined-stream...
Started MongoDB.
cfs:gridfs: updating npm dependencies -- mongodb, gridfs-stream...
Errors prevented startup:

While building package cfs:tempstore:
error: couldn't install npm packages from npm-shrinkwrap: Command failed: /Users/maoge/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.5.0.edxpxb++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/npm install
npm ERR! fetch failed https://registry.npmjs.org/combined-stream/-/combined-stream-0.0.4.tgz

so why i have this wrong in the last step "reaction"?
before this,everytime the npm install is ok
anybody could help me?
Gil
@gfelot
Jul 05 2017 13:21 UTC

Hi everyone... I was looking why I read so much time that a NoSQL DB is not a good idea for an eCommerce. Then I saw this project and find it really nice. It's the stack I like to work with (never worked with Meteor but I don't think it's a big gap).

I will see if I can propose this boilerplate for our project but even if it's going to match or not, can someone give me some good tips about how to use MongoDB for an eCommerce. Is there any good advices, best pratice, article to read... etc ... Thanks in advance.

Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Jul 05 2017 16:48 UTC
@gfelot I think that alot of that is heresay. For example, the major point is often around transactionality. Well, with a document oriented db the need for transactions goes away to a large extent
Thats a really good start on the topic
Stevaras
@stevaras
Jul 05 2017 16:53 UTC
Hello guys, I would like to ask about the development branch. I get a blank white page in Internet Explorer 11. Are you aware of that?
tdmoneybanks
@tdmoneybanks
Jul 05 2017 19:35 UTC
@aaronjudd the dependency on bcrypt is an annoyance on several machines. is there a reason not to switch to a total js api like bcryptjs? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29320201/error-installing-bcrypt-with-npm