These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2017
Patrick Tavares
@patrick-tavares
Sep 16 2017 00:36
@Berato, it took me a bit to figure out how the Blaze-wrapped React components worked. It's just a temporary solution until all Blaze templates are rewritten as React components.
rubenoid
@rubenoid
Sep 16 2017 01:09
hi, does someone know where I can find an install guide? https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/development/installation won't load for some reason
its for linux (ubuntu)
rubenoid
@rubenoid
Sep 16 2017 01:54
thanks! however, when i get to the point to actually initialize reaction (with the command: reaction) I get the following error:
FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - process out of memory
Aborted
so how do i increase the memory?
oh.. i tried it for a second time and now it works :/
Patrick Tavares
@patrick-tavares
Sep 16 2017 02:56
is there a reason why the product-variant components/ and containers/ directories are living outside the client/ directory? I would think this should only be running on the client side
Ashish
@ashishghumnar
Sep 16 2017 04:04
getting error : "FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - process out of memory" while starting application , can anyone help ?
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 16 2017 05:23
@ashishghumnar looks like you are out of memory. I think I remember Reaction needing 2gb of RAM to do it's thing. That being said, when I tried to run it in a t2.small ec2 instance (2gb RAM), it wouldn't work. When I tried a t2.medium (4gb RAM), it was able to start.
Ashish
@ashishghumnar
Sep 16 2017 06:01
@bkilrain Thanks for reply , btw I am using 8gb RAM laptop still it showing me error
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 16 2017 06:03
Maybe you have memory intensive apps running (slack, atom, a million chrome tabs open, etc)...
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 16 2017 06:15
@patrick-tavares not sure what you mean?
what component is outside a client directory?
Ashish
@ashishghumnar
Sep 16 2017 06:19
@bkilrain it finally started after closing all apps and changing meteor.bat "%~dp0\dev_bundle\bin\node.exe" --max-old-space-size=2048 %TOOL_NODE_FLAGS% "%~dp0\tools\index.js" %* but its hitting my CPU usage to 99%
Fatah N
@fatahn
Sep 16 2017 09:40
anyone tried using RC to sell amazon/ebay products where the products data comes from ebay/amazon api( something like affiliate marketing) and when orders are made, ebay/amazon process those orders. This reduces the hasle of running an ecommerce business while selling under your own brand
Patrick Tavares
@patrick-tavares
Sep 16 2017 10:11
@zenweasel if I look inside imports/plugins/included/product-variant/, I see a client/ and server/ directory as expected but also the components/ and containers/. Was curious why that was
Joey
@JoeyLyman
Sep 16 2017 22:12
Anyone having trouble getting images to show up on products in the marketplace branch? thanks in advance