These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2017
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 18 2017 11:02
@machikoyasuda @Berato We paused work on that component as we were told that Reaction was building this for a client. I am not sure if there is anything that is public as of yet though. We could do some more work on this if it was needed but we're focused elsewhere at the moment.
AllenBird

directory will be incorrect if you ever attempt to perform any Meteor tasks as
a normal user. If you need to fix your permissions, run the following command
from the root of your project:

sudo chown -Rh <username> .meteor/local

[[[[[ /smb/tech/shop ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
=> Meteor 1.5.2 is available. Update this project with 'meteor update'.
=> Started MongoDB.
=> Errors prevented startup:

While processing files with less (for target web.browser):
imports/plugins/included/default-theme/client/styles/main.less:154: Unknown
import: {}/node_modules/react-select/less/select.less

=> Your application has errors. Waiting for file change.

Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Sep 18 2017 14:45
Is anyone else getting FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - process out of memory errors on 1.4.2?
cloning a fresh copy into tmp cd /tmp; git clone https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction.git cd /tmp/reaction; meteor npm i I get the error eventually on going on three different machines (2 i7s, and a Xeon). The out of memory has got to be a joke, as the lowest i7 has 12GB of RAM, the other 32 GB, and the Xeon has 64GB of RAM).
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Sep 18 2017 14:55
@ashishghumnar @rubenoid try git checkout v1.4.1 or git checkout marketplace as in my case it's only 1.4.2 that gives the process out of memory error
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 18 2017 15:39
Getting this test failure on 1.5 I20170918-11:32:41.145(-4)? 1) Server/Core shop/updateHeaderTags should insert new header tag with 1 argument by admin:
I20170918-11:32:41.155(-4)? Error: Tag shopId is required
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Sep 18 2017 16:08
@dhonig which branch are you working out of for your plugin?
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 18 2017 16:08
Just master on 1.5
I just marked the test pending for now
but thats a bit brute force
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Sep 18 2017 16:10
good to know on the 1.5, I've been following marketplace recently as I know the team wants to release that very soon
IgorZh
@IgorZh
Sep 18 2017 19:29
Hi, what is the right way for customizing product detail page? For example, I need to add some fields. I didn't find such tutorial in documentation.
Janus Reith
@janus-reith
Sep 18 2017 21:54
@IgorZh take a look at how it is done in plugins/included/product-detail-simple. the server/index.js file uses Reaction.registerTemplate() to register the pdp templates, which can then be selected for a product.
Customizing the fields is a bit more complex atm sadly. You have to alter the Product/Variant schema to validate the new fields correctly and you need the ui to edit them.
The default edit container for variants and options is defined in plugins/included/product-variant.
The Container to edit the Top-Level Product is defined in /product-admin
Naveen Ranaweera
@naveenmadhawa
Sep 18 2017 22:10
which version is stable i'm getting errors on 1.4.2 can someone tell me which version is error freecd..
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Sep 18 2017 22:41
@naveenmadhawa, what error are you getting? If the out of memory error, I have a forum post up. You might try out v1.4.1 or marketplace git checkout v1.4.1