These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

22nd
Sep 2017
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 22 2017 05:23
Hi community! I am running a docker container in an AWS EC2 instance. Imagemagick is installed (I ssh'd in and double checked). When I upload an image to a product, it appears in the product page... but not as a thumbnail on the grid layout. You can see what I mean here: https://www.lockbaittackle.com/
Any ideas?
the docker container uses reactioncommerce/reaction:latest image from dockerhub
shahid belal
@ConnectBelal_twitter
Sep 22 2017 08:42
how can i minify javascript in reaction?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 22 2017 09:21
@ConnectBelal_twitter If you aren’t running in development mode, Javascript is minified by default
Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 22 2017 11:25

I am facing a problem, from day before yesterday reaction was not getting up, always giving a error Error: Node modules were not successfully installed. Exiting.

Today I format my windows machine assuming there is some messed up in npm packages, I installed everthing mentioned in the documentmentation. The moment I run command "reaction init"

again receive this error: Error: Node modules were not successfully installed. Exiting.

i received this error in first run on fresh machine, there is no conflicting software available. Only sublime, node, meteor

Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 22 2017 11:44
any help from anyone?
Patrick Tavares
@patrick-tavares
Sep 22 2017 11:47
@ashishgokhale it is difficult to provide any help without any additional detail (full reaction init output or at least stack traces before the error message)
Please see the actual screen
@patrick-tavares
Patrick Tavares
@patrick-tavares
Sep 22 2017 13:24
@ashishgokhale it appears that you are unable to connect to github
it appears that SSH is required to connect and you may not have it installed (or at least in your path)
Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 22 2017 14:46
but I dont think ssh is required for connection, do you really feel for running command "reaction init" ssh is required?
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 22 2017 14:46
it is not
Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 22 2017 14:48
can you please help me the what is the actual reason which is causing error @jshimko

Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 22 2017 14:48
did you install the build tools?
for windows
Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 22 2017 14:48
yes for windows
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 22 2017 14:50
That’s an issue with npm pulling a module down with git. Sounds like something is possibly wrong with your git install.
You can run meteor npm install from inside the project directory to keep testing it. There’s nothing broken in reaction-cli there.
pls check
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Sep 22 2017 14:54
Yeah, I don’t know. I don’t have a Windows machine. It’s definitely an issue with git though. I’d start by searching for some of the error wording
Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 22 2017 15:20
I have tried with git, taken pull by git from other place working perfectly fine, git have no issues.
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 22 2017 16:48
I feel like we should be able to do a better job for windows users
like put together a guide, we don't reccomend Windows, but if you must please use these tools:
Maybe a tutorial showing how to bring up reaction using chocolatey and cmmder
would be a good thing
I think its a stretch to get people who aren't using docker already to get them up to speed on docker
but docker does make your OS problems go away
Sophie He
@sophiehe
Sep 22 2017 17:31
Hi everyone. The next Reaction Action livestream is next Tues, 9/26 at 8am PT. Save your spot today: http://getrxn.io/reaction-action-september
machiko
@machikoyasuda
Sep 22 2017 20:59
For anyone else having trouble with load times on Meteor 1.5.2: reactioncommerce/reaction#2933 -- there's an open issue in Meteor about it meteor/meteor#9094