These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

23rd
Sep 2017
Sep 23 2017 04:44
@dhonig I agree on the windows users, there is quite a bit of noise in this chat room that would be quieted down if we got them further along. I continue to use my dockerized reactiondev container for misbehaving OSs. But chocolatey sounds interesting and I'd like to see more on that front
Sep 23 2017 04:51
an alternate might be something like this or an installation using apt-cyg
Sep 23 2017 04:58
an even cooler alternative might be to build an installer, or like the default installer meteor has
Sean
@JungleCatSW
Sep 23 2017 13:45
I'm thinking about making an open source app or a subscription plugin, does any one know if these are already being done by anyone ?
Sep 23 2017 14:45
@dhonig is already working on a subscription plugin. By 'open source app' do you mean something for appointments? Or do you mean an open source application generically?
Sean
@JungleCatSW
Sep 23 2017 15:27
Sorry meant mobile app probably react native...
Sep 23 2017 15:51
this is kind of sort of related to my post last night, take a look at the electron app forum post, the build of the meteor windows installer, also the whatsapp clone has steps that relate to making a meteor mobile app build (*reaction is a meteor app)
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 17:57

To bump my image uploading question above... does anyone know what's going on?

Hi community! I am running a docker container in an AWS EC2 instance. Imagemagick is installed (I ssh'd in and double checked). When I upload an image to a product, it appears in the product page... but not as a thumbnail on the grid layout. You can see what I mean here: https://www.lockbaittackle.com/

Or has anyone encountered issues with image handling?
Sep 23 2017 18:01
I certainly have, but it was when I was using NFS in combination with mongo which is a recipe for much pain. does docker logs yourCID contain anything?
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:02
let me get in there and check
Sep 23 2017 18:02
also hit F12 on your browser and check the console there, it might contain errors as well
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:06
neither logs nor dev console have anything of interest
Sep 23 2017 18:07
what branch of RC are you running?
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:08
reactioncommerce/reaction:latest image from dockerhub
My dockerfile looks like https://pastebin.com/3incP8t2
Sep 23 2017 18:11
so going to your site --> https://www.lockbaittackle.com/lock-bait-tackle/product/bullet-tungsten-weights <-- is this page marked as 'private'
look at the 'eyeball' icon in the upper right corner if you are logged in as admin
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:11
I'm wondering if that isn't the correct way to get imagemagick installed
It's public... can you not see it?
Sep 23 2017 18:12
and looking at the pastebin that is not how you install imagemagick for RC
try this locally on your laptop after fiddling with reaction on port 3000 reaction build mycustom
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:13
ok
Sep 23 2017 18:14
look at the custom build section of this page of the docs
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:15
ok... I'll do that. Thanks
Sep 23 2017 18:17
I did the same thing the first time I tried to customize RC (ie use a FROM reactioncommerce/reaction:latest), but they have a way more elegant build system which may not be very similar to other docker customizations you've done, but I can say is one of the coolest I've seen so far
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 18:19
sweet... I'll dive into the docs (as I probably should have done first) :)
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 23 2017 19:02
@JungleCatSW @joshuacox Progress on subscriptions is going well. I should have an experimental release/RC out in a week or so that works with stripe and handles the simplest requirements for subscriptions.
Brian Kilrain
@bkilrain
Sep 23 2017 19:18
@joshuacox Figured out the issue... the file name of the image included spaces. When I renamed the file, everything worked as expected. Now to get a proper custom build going...
Sep 23 2017 19:21
interesting, but for sure check out the reaction build mycustom build system, you could even extend your own custom build with a FROM youruser:mycustom if you so wish, though you might take a look at the base and how it's hooks system works
Sep 23 2017 20:17
@dhonig pulling and testing updates, watching that repo!