These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2017
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 27 2017 02:27
@dhonig sorry about that! Had totally forgotten that you had updated that plugin I don’t feel the need for any kind of complicated version, so I think that’s probably perfect! Saves me a weekend :)
For those of you keeping score at home: here’s the initial release-1.5.0 branch that I promised I’d get out a week ago ;)
This will become the v1.5.0 release to master once we finish knocking out all of the mission critical issues
It’s got 956 changed files with 38,004 additions and 30,274 deletions, so needless to say, it’s a huge release.
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 02:44
@spencern no problem thanks for passing along the great work. I think its better to have a simple plugin that can both serve as a simple way to get going and more complex use cases can use as a starting point....In reality I'm imagining complex import jobs to be coded in a purpose built fashion....
Hamed
@papmodern
Sep 27 2017 05:26
@spencern Cheers :-)
@spencern is there any breaking changes for plugins in this update? :-?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 27 2017 05:57
@papmodern Our goal is to have this be compatible with any existing Reaction install since v1.0.0 - we’ll need you guys to help us identify any breaking changes if you have shops or plugins that you’ve developed that seem incompatible.
Hamed
@papmodern
Sep 27 2017 07:27
We Will :)
Mårten Pettersson
@mtnptrsn
Sep 27 2017 09:25
I find it very slow when developing plugins and layouts for reaction. When I save a file for ex it says "File modified - restarting.." in ages so I typically just restart, which takes about a minute.
Is it like this for everyone or is it just me?
Akarshit Wal
@Akarshit
Sep 27 2017 09:27
Yes I also find it very frustating to wait for a minute or so after making changes for the server to restart.
Mårten Pettersson
@mtnptrsn
Sep 27 2017 09:28
It's not just frustrating, it's not viable. Do you guys develop outside reactioncommerce and then merge afterwards?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 27 2017 09:34
Is this a relatively recent thing? There was/is a bug in Meteor that was causing all code to be rebuilt on every change.
Mårten Pettersson
@mtnptrsn
Sep 27 2017 09:34
@zenweasel I just started out with reactioncommerce and it's always been like this for me.
Akarshit Wal
@Akarshit
Sep 27 2017 09:35
I have been using for a month and it's been like that.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 27 2017 09:35
updates only take about 15-20 seconds for me
Mårten Pettersson
@mtnptrsn
Sep 27 2017 09:35
@zenweasel How are you supposed to develop with that kind of update speed?
Akarshit Wal
@Akarshit
Sep 27 2017 09:36
It's always 25+ secs for me.
That's too slow for development.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 27 2017 09:37
didn’t you say it was a minute or so?
Akarshit Wal
@Akarshit
Sep 27 2017 09:38
After a reaction reset it's easily a minute. But still don't you feel 25 secs is a lot of time?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 27 2017 09:41
just speaking for myself it’s not a real huge problem but I work almost exclusively with backend code
I’m not trying to tweak the UI or something where I need really fast feedback
just retesting it now very unscientifically it’s about 15 seconds
Mårten Pettersson
@mtnptrsn
Sep 27 2017 09:44
Hmm.. I will try to uptade everything and try again.
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Sep 27 2017 09:45
I’m running on a pretty new MBP
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 12:55
@papmodern @spencern First of its impossible for an upstream dependency to know how a downstream one is truly affected. You simply follow good patterns and hope for the best. Down the road when we have made a bit more ground, perhaps as a community we can figure out how to pull something like this off: http://extensions.solidus.io/
Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 27 2017 15:07

Getting this error, any help :

TypeError: cursor.fetch is not a function
at httpPublishCursor (packages/simple_rest.js:392:17)

doing some code very similar to

const productCursor = Products.find({
$or: [
{ _id: { $in: productIds } },
{ ancestors: { $in: productIds } }
]
});

then I have to modify product data,
how can I modify productcursor actual product according to my need.

I am using productCursor.fetch(), giving me proper data but at the end of execution it gives above error

Ashish
@ashishgokhale
Sep 27 2017 15:23
Line of code working fine : _.each(productCursor.fetch(),function(product){
but at the end it generate error, logging data proper as I am expecting
but not getting the reason for TypeError: cursor.fetch is not a function
at httpPublishCursor (packages/simple_rest.js:392:17)
at packages/simplerest.js:253:9
at Array.forEach (native)
at Function.
.each._.forEach (packages/underscore.js:139:11)
at packages/simple_rest.js:252:9
at packages/simple_json-routes.js:98:9
anyone around the globe :smile:
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 27 2017 15:28
@dhonig that’s a nice idea. Bookmarked for later :)
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 15:34
Yes its way too early now
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 16:18
@spencern is there anything out there that supports product bundles? Let's say I'm a golf outfitter and I sell the whole kit and kaboodle or ala cart.....I'm trying to figure out how to support different business models
with subscriptions
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 27 2017 16:24
Don’t have anything to recommend that supports bundles + subscriptions, but I did build a product bundler while at GetOutfitted - noticing a trend here now. It was pretty tied into some of our other integrations so I’m not sure if that one ever made it out of our core repo, but let me see what I can dig up
There is a repo up (https://github.com/getoutfitted/product-bundler), but similar to the slack integration, I’d recommend starting from scratch on this one. Reaction has changed so much since this code was written and a lot of things should be easier to do now.
Not sure if we ever used that version in production either as once we updated it to the imports style, we maintained it as part of the main, private repo which I don’t have access to anymore.
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 16:28
Right there is an implementation decision
Subscriptions could have a 1 to 1 relationship to a variant
making it a nightmare to manage in the gateway
or we have a product bundle and then that bundle has a plan
that a user can subscribe to
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 27 2017 16:29
yeah, that seems like a good way to go
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 16:29
which is much easier to manage if we are externalizing the processing to the gateway ( which is how we should start)
Down the road we might have another subscription billing extension that does the processing inside of reaction (allowing more flexibility.) But it can be very complicated to deal with exceptions in order/payment processing so I want to avoid that and leave it to the gateway for this go around.
José Luis Di Biase
@josx
Sep 27 2017 21:37
is there any way to add images on fixtures?
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Sep 27 2017 22:07
I've got something like that going, i'll try to post it later
José Luis Di Biase