These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Oct 2017
Seun Martins
@impactmass
Oct 17 2017 11:11
Hi @dancastellon
The previous shop.defaultVisitorRoles are the roles now defined in the guest group.
Also, the previous shop.defaultCustomerRoles are the roles now defined in the default customer group.
So a previous reference to shop.defaultVisitorRoles should now use the group object (e.g Groups.find({slug: "guest"}).permissions).

The default list of those roles that were previously on the Shop schema are present on server export of Reaction (i.e Reaction.default...)

The docs (https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/marketplace/permissions) on the permission update right now doesn't detail all these .... but I’m opening an issue now to update it. Will do that asap.

Dan Castellon
@dancastellon
Oct 17 2017 12:48
@impactmass great thanks. What about the bug I'm seeing with custom routes using blaze templates, should I file an issue?
Seun Martins
@impactmass
Oct 17 2017 12:51
Oh, I haven’t followed that part of the discussion, but yes you can file an issue (so it doesn’t get lost in Gitter chat)
Dan Castellon
@dancastellon
Oct 17 2017 13:28
Will do, thanks again!
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Oct 17 2017 15:51
@zenweasel I wonder how many people are using system node like that? the permissions issues that @MichaelF77 saw would be legitimate. I imagine most people here are installing newer versions of node? Out of old habits I usually do not use system node, kind of like I don't use system perl either (perlbrew ftw). nvm makes a local version in my home directory which reaction /home/thoth/.nvm/versions/node/v8.6.0/bin/reaction, and meteor actually uses it's own version of node as well ( which is argon meteor node --version --> v4.8.4)
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Oct 17 2017 15:55
@machikoyasuda Thanks for tagging me, I am indeed available! Just getting back from a 2-week break
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Oct 17 2017 16:09
@MichaelF77 the options are summed up here --> fix your npm perms, which it looks like you choose the first option, of note though is the second option to change your prefix so that npm installs in a hidden directory in your own homedir, which is implemented by the third as well, I use nvm with success on many different linux boxen
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Oct 17 2017 16:11
By the way I just wanted to say: I'm super excited for Meteor 1.6 to come out (hopefully in the next week or so). Node 8 will bring some very welcome changes in terms of performance vs Node 4.x, which a big project like Reaction will clearly benefit from!
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Oct 17 2017 16:14
ya that's right they are totally skipping boron and going straight to node8. That is really exciting!
Sophie He
@sophiehe
Oct 17 2017 17:18
Join tomorrow's community call for the latest updates! We'll be showcasing our PR picks of the week. Here's the agenda: http://getrxn.io/2wuBVqu
José Luis Di Biase
@josx
Oct 17 2017 19:55
anyone knows how to manage plugin dependencies?
i want to keep my deps isolated from RC, in my plugin
machiko
@machikoyasuda
Oct 17 2017 19:59
@josx you could add a package.json file in the root of the plugin folder instead of adding it to the main reaction package.json
José Luis Di Biase
@josx
Oct 17 2017 20:09
i need to use meteor packages as deps,
is there any difference?
José Luis Di Biase
@josx
Oct 17 2017 20:27
@machikoyasuda when i add a meteor dep in my plugins dir , it add me in the root RC