These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Dec 2017
Erik Kieckhafer
@kieckhafer
Dec 16 2017 00:05
if you replace the componenet above, you're just removing the UI element that provides the "sold-out" badge, not toying with the inventory system or checkout or anything at all, it's just a UI update
it also sounds like you might have inventory tracking in the opposite toggle position you want
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 16 2017 15:31
@nurub52 I had the same issues with my reactiondev image. In my case I fixed it (joshuacox/reactiondev@e1b6c6e) it by going to meteor 1.6.0.1
Joe Mattelaer
@ducsuus
Dec 16 2017 17:03
Is there a good example of creating and accessing a plugin-created (non-core) collection? I haven't found a topic on the forum, and the existing plugins I found don't seem to feature custom-made collections.
William Moss
@willmoss1000
Dec 16 2017 17:04
Going to add reviews for sellers on the marketplace - any recommendations, and has anyone already written a plugin for this? Cheers!
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 16 2017 18:46
curl -L https://git.io/rxNstall | bash <--- I'm experimenting with a one-liner installer like meteor for reaction, it is very opinionated and uses nvm to install node lts/carbon instead of using system node. For now it supports ubuntu (trusty,xenial, zesty, artful), debian (jessie, stretch, buster), centos7, fedora27, and opensuse tumbleweed, I'm giving thought to mac osx, windows, freeBSD, openBSD, netBSD, opensolaris, but am not supporting them yet, I welcome requests for more distros etc at the github repo its only a few days old expect growing pains, please submit issues there and dont bother anyone here with stuff related to it
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 16 2017 18:57
@willmoss1000 you might pop into this forum post and announce as well, I'll certainly be interested in what you make, and I bet janat08 would be as well, and that place might be a better permanent home (or even a new forum thread) for longer term conversation
@zenweasel using nvm (and the fact that it uses a npm prefix by default) I think I've effectively nullified the differences between all the linux distros, I certainly welcome feedback there, and in the end I hope this eliminates some of the beginner frustrations people run into.
William Moss
@willmoss1000
Dec 16 2017 20:36
@joshuacox ok - it's going to be for sellers though using the marketplace, as the site i'm building uses listings. Will let you know how it goes. Again, if anyone has any ideas/recommendations please let me know!
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 16 2017 21:35
@willmoss1000 I look forward to hearing about it! Are you going to integrate with a third party ( like disqus or discourse)? Or something completely in meteor?
William Moss
@willmoss1000
Dec 16 2017 21:43
@joshuacox integrating with a third party if it's easier, but probably just review functionality. Disqus appears to be more for when people write articles to hold a discussion space?
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 16 2017 22:31
@willmoss1000 yep disqus is really just discussions, a pure meteor implementation would be ideal, but that's certainly up for discussion (pun intended)