These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

22nd
Dec 2017
Kenneth Beartusk
@beartusk
Dec 22 2017 02:12
@prinzdezibel Thank you for that bit of advice

@prinzdezibel On a different not i'm having trouble linking to an image within my project directory. I placed the image in the root of the reaction project.

main {
  min-height: 80vh;
  // padding: 20px 60px 135px 60px;
  // padding: 20px 0 135px
  background-image: url("http://localhost:3000/buffalo1_80%.png");
}

This is in imports/plugins/included/default-theme/client/styles/base.less by the way

Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Dec 22 2017 02:16
You need to put it in the public directory
we usually suggest public/custom
Kenneth Beartusk
@beartusk
Dec 22 2017 02:19
@zenweasel what would the path be? http://localhost:3000/public/custom/image_name.png
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Dec 22 2017 02:22
No, just http://localhost:3000/custom/image_name.png. For example we have the placeholder in public/resources but just reference it as resources/placeholder.gif
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 22 2017 02:25
@beartusk the hydrotik plugin has some good examples of this. e.g.
grep -ir fashion-1636868 *
client/components/hero/HeroContainer.jsx:        src: 'images/hero/fashion-1636868_1920.jpg',
Kenneth Beartusk
@beartusk
Dec 22 2017 02:26
@zenweasel @joshuacox Got it! Thank you guys
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 22 2017 02:26
:+1:
slowpokefarm
@slowpokefarm
Dec 22 2017 11:57
@prinzdezibel mate, still no result, I keep getting empty page. what else may I be missing? I have a route in register.js, have that glue.js and glue.html and the component
maybe something is not importing correctly but I don't know how to check it
slowpokefarm
@slowpokefarm
Dec 22 2017 12:35
well, I tried to break some code in imported files and got exceptions, so it seems that its importing ok
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Dec 22 2017 13:12
@slowpokefarm Have you reset after adding your route?
slowpokefarm
@slowpokefarm
Dec 22 2017 13:18
do you mean reaction reset -n ?
will try again now
Ranjan
@RanjanRVweb
Dec 22 2017 13:30
hello may i know what is demo url or reactioncommerce working demo
slowpokefarm
@slowpokefarm
Dec 22 2017 13:32
@zenweasel didn't help :)
another question - client logging doen't seem to work even thou I started reaction with REACTION_LOG_LEVEL="DEBUG" parameter
I am sure client files are imported but logging does not work there
slowpokefarm
@slowpokefarm
Dec 22 2017 13:39
I mean Logger.info(); does nothing, while console.log() works fine
slowpokefarm
@slowpokefarm
Dec 22 2017 15:08
Can't find any info regarding following exception:
Error: In template myStaticPage, call to `{{> React ... }}` missing `component` argument
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Dec 22 2017 16:51
@slowpokefarm Looks like your helper in glue.js does not return the component propertly
set a debug statement there and see what it returns.
@RanjanRVweb You may have a look at our WIP swag shop project: swag.getreaction.io
It's a playground installation that gets reseted once a hour.
Scott Betzel
@Snaze
Dec 22 2017 18:42
hey i have a noob question.... how do I attach the debugger to the app-tests (when running "reaction test")
Josh Cox
@joshuacox
Dec 22 2017 20:12
setting the log level to debug is usually the first step, I have an 'strace' branch/tag of my reactondev that shows how to strace that stack (can get hairy once all the children are included), or are you talking about the npm i debugger, or the api?
oh and reaction debug <--- should be first
dblitz
@dblitz
Dec 22 2017 20:34
Hey guys quick question, is there a faster way to see your code changes rather than having to run "reaction" everytime which takes forever
Joe Mattelaer
@ducsuus
Dec 22 2017 21:13
It doesn't appear so. Speed of the development and production server is being worked onreactioncommerce/reaction#3233
dblitz
@dblitz
Dec 22 2017 21:19
There's no way it takes minutes to restart the server every time I make code changes
Joe Mattelaer
@ducsuus
Dec 22 2017 21:44
I believe it does, Meteor has a lot to do when it restarts something the size of Reaction
How long is it taking for changes to reflect without manually interfering with the server?
ghegoiu1
@ghegoiu1
Dec 22 2017 23:10
Hey guys, been trying to figure this out for a while tonight - how does one change the default route in the basic project to point to a different page?