These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

2nd
Mar 2018
Ishmael Nkosikhona Sibisi
@cyber-claws
Mar 02 2018 14:02
Hi, I am new to Reaction I have been playing with it for a little under 2 weeks and I am in love. Can anyone please help me understand what the groups attribute is used for in the Tags schema?
Sebastian Rindom
@srindom
Mar 02 2018 14:04
When I use the Endpoints API the request body is empty. I have been able get the body using req.on("data", ..., just want to know if this is expected behaviour as it isn't used like this in the connectors-spotify plugin?
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Mar 02 2018 14:28
@cyber-claws Hi Ishmael, welcome. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the group attribute is there to support the hierarchy.
In Reaction, the tags are not only used for tagging products, but also to build a multi-level category system, that can be used for navigation trees
Ishmael Nkosikhona Sibisi
@cyber-claws
Mar 02 2018 14:34
@prinzdezibel Thank you very much. You've be a huge help. :)
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Mar 02 2018 14:34
:thumbsup:
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Mar 02 2018 15:17
@jshimko I saw there was a new base image pushed. I'm trying to figure out how to get reaction to start on a different port using that image. I've tried adding a CMD ["reaction", "-p", "5050"] but this doesn't seem to be working out
Jeremy Shimko
@jshimko
Mar 02 2018 17:38

@dhonig The container runs on port 3000 by default. You can map that to whatever you want in the docker run command.

docker run -p 8080:3000 ...

The above maps port 8080 on the host to port 3000 on the container.
But if you really need to change the port that Node is running on inside the container (you probably don’t), you can override the default by setting the PORT environment variable.

docker run -e PORT=8080 -p 8080:8080 ...

I recommend the first example that uses port mapping. It accomplishes the same thing without changing defaults inside the container.

Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Mar 02 2018 17:51
I can get option 1 to work. thanks
BasantHasaan
@BasantHasaan
Mar 02 2018 18:09
Hi,I am new to Reaction and I ask if I can customize search to be regex
instead of using search-mongo