These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Mar 2018
Harshal Yeole
@harshalyeole-tudip
Mar 06 2018 07:40

Hey guys,
I tried to upgrade the version, it was working good, then I imported the database backup of the products using export/import of Mongo and then restart the server, I am getting lot of different errors.

I have restored the database back to normal but still the errors are persisted...
Can anyone help me whats wrong?

errors.png
It gives errors when I imported the database from older version, is that the issue?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Mar 06 2018 07:52
@harshalyeole-tudip I have these errors in the client console sometimes, refreshing the page solves the problem
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Mar 06 2018 07:55
I find that rm -rf node_modules && meteor npm install will usually take care of that issue for me
You should always do that or reaction reset -y whenever you upgrade to make sure you have all the latest npm packages
Harshal Yeole
@harshalyeole-tudip
Mar 06 2018 08:41
Ok, I will try these two.
Harshal Yeole
@harshalyeole-tudip
Mar 06 2018 09:09
@loanlaux & @zenweasel
Both the solutions didn't work out. :(
The app is starting without any errors on console, but the browser is still full of errors and red-red all over.
Suraksharaja
@Suraksharaja
Mar 06 2018 10:00
hi im facing an issue in reaction run..it thorws an error 'Failed at the sharp@0.19.1 install script. ' but unable to install sharp
Harshal Yeole
@harshalyeole-tudip
Mar 06 2018 10:01

@suraksharaja
I got the same issue while node-gyp rebuild

Try reaction reset -y with good internet connection.

Harshal Yeole
@harshalyeole-tudip
Mar 06 2018 10:24

What should I do?

Suraksharaja
@Suraksharaja
Mar 06 2018 10:32
no it dint work.. Is there any other way?
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Mar 06 2018 14:09
@Suraksharaja Did you solve it?
Aladin
@redgenie
Mar 06 2018 14:14
Is Reaction production ready at this stage?
I can’t even add a product easily, I have to do some gimmicks. I added a merchant, then in the mercahant account, I created a product, I found that the product has to have 1 variant, so I added one, but I can’t click on publish, every thing seems ok
I then managed to publish, not sure what I did, refresh or I added a hidden option
Then, every time I update the quantity, I can’t click on publish until I click on Archive in the Variant Details pane, then only I can click on publish
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Mar 06 2018 15:24
@redgenie Is this because the publish button is inactive? I know there was a problem in 1.8.1 with it.
it's fixed, AFAIK, but not in master yet.
wfhio
@wfhio
Mar 06 2018 15:57
@redgenie i remember running into this when first trying reaction, i can't remember how i got around it but i certainly didn't find it intuitive the first time i tried
zrisher
@zrisher
Mar 06 2018 19:19
Does anyone know if it's possible to load the settings from /private/settings/reaction.json without performing a full db reset?
E.g. you want to update a setting on a production server
Also is there a way to separate Reaction settings by environment, similar to how we can use dev.settings.json for Meteor settings in development?
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Mar 06 2018 19:51
No, you'd have to change the settings in database.
Re 2: The settings in settings.json can also be passed via environment variables.
zrisher
@zrisher
Mar 06 2018 23:43
@prinzdezibel Right, but reaction settings cannot be passed via environment variables. So if you can't have separate files for them, it seems you have to manually modify the db to have different values when setting up your environment.