These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Apr 2018
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 02:58
I am trying to run the swag shop, it keeps giving me the error. Tried all work around

=> Started proxy.
=> A patch (Meteor 1.6.1.1) for your current release is available!
Update this project now with 'meteor update --patch'.
=> Started MongoDB.
app/client/plugins.less.css: warn: There are some @import rules those are not taking effect as they are required to be in the beginning of the file.
Note: you are using a pure-JavaScript implementation of bcrypt.
While this implementation will work correctly, it is known to be
approximately three times slower than the native implementation.
In order to use the native implementation instead, run

meteor npm install --save bcrypt

in the root directory of your application.
C:\Users\ShankarAnand\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.6.1\mt-os.windows.x86_64\dev_bundle\server-lib\node_modules\fibers\future.js:280
throw(ex);
^

Error: Cannot find module '../../../../../core/collections'
at makeMissingError (packages\modules-runtime.js:231:12)
at require (packages\modules-runtime.js:241:19)
at tags.js (imports/plugins/custom/reaction-swag-shop/lib/collections/schemas/tags.js:1:29)
at fileEvaluate (packages\modules-runtime.js:343:9)
at require (packages\modules-runtime.js:238:16)
at index.js (imports/plugins/custom/reaction-swag-shop/lib/collections/schemas/index.js:1:14)
at fileEvaluate (packages\modules-runtime.js:343:9)
at require (packages\modules-runtime.js:238:16)
at index.js (imports/plugins/custom/reaction-swag-shop/server/index.js:1:14)
at fileEvaluate (packages\modules-runtime.js:343:9)
at require (packages\modules-runtime.js:238:16)
at plugins.js (server/plugins.js:1:3419)
at fileEvaluate (packages\modules-runtime.js:343:9)
at require (packages\modules-runtime.js:238:16)
at C:\Users\ShankarAnand\Documents\abarna csuf\reactionproject\reaction.meteor\local\build\programs\server\app\app.js:110338:1
at C:\Users\ShankarAnand\Documents\abarna csuf\reactionproject\reaction.meteor\local\build\programs\server\boot.js:411:36
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at C:\Users\ShankarAnand\Documents\abarna csuf\reactionproject\reaction.meteor\local\build\programs\server\boot.js:220:19
at C:\Users\ShankarAnand\Documents\abarna csuf\reactionproject\reaction.meteor\local\build\programs\server\boot.js:471:5
at Function.run (C:\Users\ShankarAnand\Documents\abarna csuf\reactionproject\reaction.meteor\local\build\programs\server\profile.js:510:12)
at C:\Users\ShankarAnand\Documents\abarna csuf\reactionproject\reaction.meteor\local\build\programs\server\boot.js:470:11
=> Exited with code: 1

abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 06:52
@zzh1234567 I saw your fix for Reactiob v.1.11.0 to be compatible with swag shop. How to get the latest code changes to my local?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Apr 30 2018 08:27
Sorry everybody, I was out for vacation so if I missed your question please ping me again.
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 08:42

@loanlaux Were you able to figure out the HEAP MEMORY problem when the number of products are huge. I am running into a similar problem with 2M products.

Hey @Akarshit, sorry for the late reply. @dhonig and I have worked around it by disabling Migrations and ProductSearch build at start-up. Instead, we've created an endpoint and an env flag that we can use if we need to manually trigger a re-build.

Welcome back @zenweasel, hope you've had a great vacation!
Nikolay Tsenkov
@nicroto
Apr 30 2018 09:42
Hey everyone. I am looking for a good example for a plugin scaffold that will allow me to easily test and debug the plugin within Reaction. Is there an example plugin project with a docker-compose file that would get a Raction container up & running and somehow will auto-update the plugin on file-save? (sorry if this is somehow an unreasonable idea, question - I am quite new to Reaction, still)
Amalan Jenicious
@amalan-shenll
Apr 30 2018 10:23
Hi @channel
Can anyone suggest me example or idea to implement SEO in RC
without prerender.io
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 10:44
Hi @zenweasel , can you help me run Reaction Swag shop with Reaction v1.11.0 ?
AlCon1989
@AlCon1989
Apr 30 2018 11:01
hi all
can i post a javascript/jquery question here ?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 11:24
Hi @AlCon1989, if the question isn't Reaction Commerce related, jQuery's Gitter channel is probably a better place to ask.
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 11:56
HI @loanlaux , can you please help me run reaction swag shop ?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 11:57
What's the blocker you've ran into, @abarnasankar?
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 11:58
with reaction v.1.11 , i am facing the module not find error
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 11:58
Can you please send the exact error?
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 11:58
Error: Cannot find module '../../../../../core/collections'

in the root directory of your application.
throw(ex);
^

Error: Cannot find module '../../../../../core/collections'

Akarshit Wal
@Akarshit
Apr 30 2018 12:01
If you are running swag-shop with reaction v1.11, it might not work as that plugin will need to be updated.
I am creating a issue for it right now.
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 12:02
Ah, there you go
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 12:02
@Akarshit thank you.
I tried running by downloading Reaction V1.10.0
It gave me error too. Lost the error trace. I can get it now
I downloaded Reaction v1.10.0 src code and ran. Is my approach correct ?
abarnasankar
@abarnasankar
Apr 30 2018 12:09
Here is the error with Reaction V1.10.0

Started MongoDB.
=> Errors prevented startup:

While processing files with ecmascript (for target web.browser):
C:\Users\ShankarAnand\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\ecmascript\0.10.4\plugin.compile-ecmascript.os\npm\node_modules\meteor\babel-compiler\node_modules\@babel\core\lib\config\validation\plugins.js:52:56: [BABEL]

It shows some problem with BABEL compiler
Nikolay Tsenkov
@nicroto
Apr 30 2018 12:28
@loanlaux any chance you can point me to a repo about this?
zzh1234567
@zzh1234567
Apr 30 2018 12:54

Meteor.publish("Products" .... ) can fetch Product Media info in Reaction v.1.08.x, but I find Meteor.publish("Products" .... ) can NOT fetch Product Media Info in Reaction v.1.10.

How to get Media info of Products in v.1.10.x? thanks @Akarshit @zenweasel

zzh1234567
@zzh1234567
Apr 30 2018 13:16
@aldeed
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 14:27
@zzh1234567 I've been using the Catalog collection a lot for this purpose. Not sure if it's its recommended use though.
@nicroto I'd love to, but it seems like you'll have to rebuild your Docker container on changes. Why do you want to be continuously developing using Docker? Can't you use the reaction CLI?
Eric Dobbertin
@aldeed
Apr 30 2018 14:56
@zzh1234567 Media publication was separated. You can subscribe to "ProductGridMedia" publication. Or if getting it for a non-admin (someone who does not need to see/publish product revisions), then using the Catalog collection (subscribe to "Products/grid") is best. Catalog documents have related media URLs and metadata directly on them and always reflect the latest published version of every product.
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Apr 30 2018 15:11
@loanlaux re: Docker that may not be correct. Docker in development mounts the local filesystem as a volume. So you dont need to build a container every time.
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Apr 30 2018 15:58
There you go @nicroto. Thanks @dhonig!
Sophie He
@sophiehe
Apr 30 2018 19:10
All attendees who tune into our Reaction Action livestream receive free Reaction swag (t-shirts, notebooks & more!). Save your spot today: getrxn.io/ra-may-19
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Apr 30 2018 19:54
@sophiehe a bitly error is returned by that link
Sophie He
@sophiehe
Apr 30 2018 21:29
@dhonig gah! thanks for looking out. here is the correct link: https://getrxn.io/ra-may-2018