These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2018
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 06:22
@ayoungh Ultimately yes. But for now, the client side is getting detached thanks to the GraphQL endpoints and the reaction-next-starterkit repo. That's in my opinion the only thing that matters. I don't see anything wrong with Meteor being used as a headless back-end.
Anthony Young
@ayoungh
May 09 2018 07:52
Thanks @loanlaux I messaged you on Instagram :smile: ayoungh thanks dude
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 09:50
Yeah, sorry my Instagram DMs can get a bit flooded sometimes... Better to chat on here if it's Reaction-related :)
ushadev
@ushadev
May 09 2018 12:50
where are the custom built in less functions defined. like .font-icon(), .padding-right() etc...
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 13:05
@ushadev Have a look at /imports/plugins/included/default-theme/client/styles/mixins
Team Racing
@teamracing
May 09 2018 13:29
@willmoss1000 Thanks Will. I did eventually get it up and running using docker
again docker instructions are a little wrong
but at least we're up
Chris Siehler
@hereischris
May 09 2018 16:29
Hey guys, frist a big thank for maintaining such a cool project. One question which i couldn't figure out by skimming the docs. How is it possible just to access the Shop API headless? Are there some docs on that?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 16:50
@hereischris Have you looked at this page of the docs? https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/reaction-docs/master/graphql-intro
Chris Siehler
@hereischris
May 09 2018 16:55
After I posted the question I found this one. Sorry and Thank you! I guess i have to dig deeper into graphl. Just 1 short question: Does the graphql API fully cover the functionality of reaction?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 17:01
Not yet, it's still under construction but the core team is working hard to get full coverage asap. It's the #1 priority right now so look out for updates!
Chris Siehler
@hereischris
May 09 2018 17:02
cool! is there a rough ETA? Unfortunately it would be kindof a go or nogo thing for us
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 17:02
Actually, you can checkout branch 1.12 for an early preview of what's coming next. It's obviously unstable but it might be useful in development.
Can't speak of an ETA but I'd say it'll be pretty soon. Someone from the core team wants to officially comment? @zenweasel @machikoyasuda
Kenneth Beartusk
@beartusk
May 09 2018 19:46
@zenweasel I have a password issue. I have a reaction site that I somehow forgot the password for the admin. Is there a way I can reset it? It's a fully deployed docker image, pointing to a remote MongoDB instance, but I can take it down and redeploy it if I have to.
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 19:47
@beartusk If you really have no choice, bcrypt + sha256 the password you want to set, then update the user document straight from the DB.
On macOS, here's the command I use to do that: bcrypt $(echo -n "YOURPASSWORD" | shasum -a 256 | cut -d " " -f 1) && echo
Kenneth Beartusk
@beartusk
May 09 2018 19:49
Ok, I'll give that a try. Thank you very much @loanlaux
@loanlaux I have it running on an ubuntu ec2 instance so i'll have find the ubuntu documentation for it. But thank you
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 19:50
Probably a similar syntax but yeah... Let me know!
Kenneth Beartusk
@beartusk
May 09 2018 21:26
@loanlaux hey that totally worked. Thank you so much for that. Saved my butt! =D
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 09 2018 21:27
Anytime!
Jason Skowronski
@mostlyjason
May 09 2018 22:47
Is there any way to build just a plugin instead of the whole app? Whenever I run reaction it has to build the whole app which takes 15 minutes
Was hoping I could just have the binary built or running and then hot reload my plugin