These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2018
Prawx
@Prawx
May 25 2018 02:11
why does reactioncommerce take so long to start up, and so damn long to refresh
like if I want to overwrite some CSS or change a link or image or anything I literally have to wait 5 minutes to see my changes.
compared to a regular react, nodejs, or meteor project where it's pretty much instantaneous
extremely frustrating. is this what everyone experiences? is there a workaround? am I doing something wrong? please help
i can deal with the startup time... but waiting 5 minutes between each individual file change is a nightmare
Abhishek
@thegtagamer
May 25 2018 04:42
Hello everyone, Ive been trying to implement Similar Products into my ReactionCommerce Project...But i seem to have no Luck...
I followed these steps..Please tell me if i missed Something or made a mistake
  1. created a component SimilarProduct under client/components
  2. created a container SimilarProduct under client/containers
  3. Extended the Schema for relatedTag under lib/collections/schemas
  1. <Components.SimilarProducts {...this.props} /> under my pdp page
Rajagopal Natarajan
@haxplorer
May 25 2018 08:03
When is the next community call? The calendar seems empty for weeks together. Is there a easy way to subscribe to the upcoming calls?
Tony
@foobarnautT
May 25 2018 08:18
How does Reaction Commerce make money? Are they intending to offer hosted solutions later? I work for a cannabis company so I can't touch anything that's hosted
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 11:45
@haxplorer Community calls have been put on hold until they find a new, more engaging way of keeping in touch with the community
Rajagopal Natarajan
@haxplorer
May 25 2018 11:45
ah ok
Abhishek
@thegtagamer
May 25 2018 11:50
@loanlaux hey bro please help
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 12:31
@thegtagamer Have you registered your component using registerComponent? Are you sure you've imported the file you've defined it in?
Rajagopal Natarajan
@haxplorer
May 25 2018 12:31

meteor build --server-only --architecture os.linux.x86_64 --directory "$APP_BUNDLE_DIR”

which is a step in Dockerfile has been running for the last half an hour. Is this typical?

Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 12:31
I'm typically experiencing Docker build times around 20 and 30 minutes @haxplorer
I'd say it's about to finish
Rajagopal Natarajan
@haxplorer
May 25 2018 12:32
Cool, will wait in that case.
Any ways to speed it up? Would a high mem build server help?
I don’t see CPU spiking
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 12:34
How is your RAM usage looking at the moment?
Rajagopal Natarajan
@haxplorer
May 25 2018 12:34
I had limited the memory usage with old space limit. So, not sure if its memory constrained or not
Its using the entire allocated memory
So, looks like high memory might help, but can’t say for sure
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 12:35
There's only one way to find out ;)
Rajagopal Natarajan
May 25 2018 12:38
Instead of doing <Components.SimilarProducts />, can you try and do
import { getComponent } from "@reactioncommerce/reaction-components";

// ...

const SimilarProducts = getComponent("SimilarProducts");

// ...
// Somewhere in your component tree

<SimilarProducts />
Abhishek
@thegtagamer
May 25 2018 12:41
i tried this too
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 12:42
I'm afraid there's not much I can do here. I don't have enough time to try and reproduce it. There must be a simple mistake somewhere but I'll let you investigate.
Abhishek
@thegtagamer
May 25 2018 12:43
can u pls just check the client/similarProduct and container/similarProduct
Isaac Weber
@ikey2244
May 25 2018 15:48
FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory hello after running 'reaction' in my direction I get this error
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
May 25 2018 15:51
Hi @ikey2244, here's a thread that compiles multiple solutions and answers to this problem: http://forums.reactioncommerce.com/t/1-4-2-fatal-error-call-and-retry-last-allocation-failed-process-out-of-memory/532
Abhishek
@thegtagamer
May 25 2018 15:57
@loanlaux hey bro can u just see the two screenshots please
Isaac Weber
@ikey2244
May 25 2018 16:10
@loanlaux hmm okay new problem at one point I was able to do reaction -v and it would show me the versions of everything then I was able to run reaction. I closed my terminal and went to the same direction and now it's saying reaction is not defined...
Tony
@foobarnautT
May 25 2018 16:18
hey guys - quick question: how does reaction commerce make money? :)
Isaac Weber
@ikey2244
May 25 2018 18:00
npm WARN deprecated command-exists@1.2.2: Potential security vulnerability fixed in v.1.2.4
/Users/iweber/.npm-global/bin/reaction -> /Users/iweber/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/reaction-cli/dist/main.js
/Users/iweber/.npm-global/bin/rc -> /Users/iweber/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/reaction-cli/dist/main.js
instillation seemed to work but reaction -v doesnt work