These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jun 2018
zrisher
@zrisher
Jun 15 2018 01:12
Has anyone encountered syntax issues starting the meteor server for the first time? All our dev environments we set up more than a week ago work fine, but new ones all receive this error when running meteor. All dev is done inside docker containers, and I've confirmed that the npm, node, meteor, and meteor package versions are all exactly the same:
=> Errors prevented startup:

While processing files with ecmascript (for target web.browser):
   vm.js:53:16: Unexpected token ...
   at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16)
   at Module._compile (module.js:373:25)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
   at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
   at Module.Mp.load (/tools/tool-env/install-runtime.js:30:27)
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
   at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
   at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
   at Object.<anonymous>
   (/opt/reaction/src/node_modules/babel-plugin-lodash/node_modules/@babel/type                                                                   s/lib/utils/react/cleanJSXElementLiteralChild.js:8:18)
We have an older version of the app, but I'm perplexed that this error surfaces in any new environment, despite that fact that all the dependencies are the same and code is built in a docker container
Most hits on google point to package versions not being locked, but they are exactly the same as on our working boxes
I do notice some differences in npm list, I'm hoping I can track the issue down to that
zrisher
@zrisher
Jun 15 2018 02:23
Which turns out to be surprisingly difficult, https://github.com/thewoolleyman/npm-shrinkwrap-helper
zrisher
@zrisher
Jun 15 2018 02:54
I believe my issues above are related to npm package dependency differences that can result even without changes occuring in package-lock.json, which creates issues when receiving some recent package updates when we're still on Meteor 1.5.2. So this shouldn't really be a problem for people with updated Reaction. Please disregard.
Ilkka Huotari
@ile
Jun 15 2018 06:42
Hi, is it possible to add multiple paragraphs in the product description?
suckerpunch1396
@suckerpunch1396
Jun 15 2018 06:48
hi,
I am new to reaction commerce and want to make a e-commerce website. Can I get any templates like shopify for reaction
Ilkka Huotari
@ile
Jun 15 2018 06:58
Another question: is there a way to add text/images (not products) to the home page?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 15 2018 06:59
@ile Have you looked at the Swag Shop demo plugin?
Ilkka Huotari
@ile
Jun 15 2018 07:05
@zenweasel Thanks, I'll use that. Can you still say what would be the easiest way to use that plugin with docker/docker-compose/docker-compose.yml (which is in the repo)?
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 15 2018 07:06
I am not a docker person, but I believe if you just use clone that repo locally into your import/plugins/custom folder and do a docker build you should get an image that will run with Reaction + that plugin
You might need to use an older version of Reaction to get the plugin working at first
Ilkka Huotari
@ile
Jun 15 2018 07:09
Ok, ty.
I may have to fork reaction though if there isn't a way to add multiple paragraphs in other way. I would think that just blank lines could act as paragraph separators.
S Tunji Turner
@stunjiturner
Jun 15 2018 07:19
@zenweasel the swag-shop-demo and blog posts are not in sync with the latest version 1.12.1
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Jun 15 2018 07:19
Someone is working on getting that updated, but right now they are broken on the current version
Stevaras
@stevaras
Jun 15 2018 10:54
Hello,
I wanna make a question about release 1.13. Now that revisions are gone, how are you going to handle the "product has changes" logic?
By that I mean how am I gonna know whether a product has changes and needs to be published again?
Thanks
Ishmael Nkosikhona Sibisi
@cyber-claws
Jun 15 2018 15:40
Hello all. I am stuck. I am on reaction 1.12.1 and I can see all my products as an Admin, I click on publish it says it was published but when I logout as an admin, I have no products and nothing is private. Please help...