These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Aug 2018
Janus Reith
@janus-reith
Aug 08 2018 11:42

Could anyone give me a hint how to properly replace the variant schema in Catalog? - I'm really starting to loose track here...

In 1.13 after the Introduction of the Catalog publishing, It was not enough to extend the product Variant schema, as the publishProductToCatalog method used fixed field and did not use the Schema at all.
@dancastellon tried a workaround using method Hooks after the method ran to add the custom field, but this was unstable, as the hooks appareantly didn't always run at the correct time, and the pr for this isn't merged yet.
I on the other hand just extended the fixed fields in the core code, which worked reliably but also wasn't really nice.

And now in 1.14 the publishProductToCatalog method has been changed again to use a Catalog schema instead of the fixed fields.
The Catalog schema however seems to have a different way of working than the products schema with its selectors, instead this is happing:
Catalog is defined with a schema that describes a field product, it type is defined in the schema CatalogProduct, CatalogProduct has a field variants as an array, whichs keys are defined by the CatalogVariantSchema, which is a extended version of VariantBaseSchema that also validates its options array children with the same schema.
I guess I get the concept behind that, but what I wonder is, if there is a simple way to extend VariantBaseSchema now, without reproducing that whole chain of Schemas...

Janus Reith
@janus-reith
Aug 08 2018 11:48
Also, publishProductToCatalog now uses hashProduct mutation, which now has the fixed fields hashableFields - Im not sure how this all adds up now...
Patrick Newell
@pnewell4_twitter
Aug 08 2018 12:57
does anyone know who the company is using Reaction for juice (Sarah mentioned them on her podcast yesterday). they do purchase online and pick up in store... want to compare some notes!
Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Aug 08 2018 13:32
Pressed Juicery
S Tunji Turner
@stunjiturner
Aug 08 2018 14:02
What podcast?
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Aug 08 2018 14:03
Hello all. I am giving the starter-kit a whirl and I am encountering issues. I am not sure I understand Step 5. https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction-next-starterkit. Does that imply that I run reaction from the /reaction directory? If so, when cloning and checking out release-1.15.0 the npm dependencies aren't installed like in reaction init and I am not finding instructions on how to install them. When I run yarn install the modules are installed in a node_modules/.staging sub-directory and the meteor build throws errors about missing modules.
Owen Hoskins
@owenhoskins
Aug 08 2018 14:11
from the starter-kit directory I get 'Network error: Response not successful: Received status code 400' errors in the logs when hitting localhost:4000. I guess this is because the graphql server isn't running.
 ~/Sites/prototypes/reaction   release-1.15.0 ●  docker-compose ps                                    1 ↵  1029517:03:09
            Name                           Command               State             Ports
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reaction_devserver_1            bash -c echo 'Starting Rea ...   Up       0.0.0.0:3030->3030/tcp
reaction_mongo-init-replica_1   docker-entrypoint.sh mongo ...   Exit 0
reaction_mongo_1                docker-entrypoint.sh mongo ...   Up       0.0.0.0:27017->27017/tcp
reaction_reaction_1             bash -c npm install && rea ...   Exit 1
Should reaction_reaction_1 be Up?
Enny Isambert
@ennysantana
Aug 08 2018 14:35
@rohit-elevar certainly bro!! i follow the guide step by step and reaction is ready. Thanks!
Hey buddies!! I'm write 'reaction' and everythings is fine but in the output i don't get de admin user, how can i find?
Enny Isambert
@ennysantana
Aug 08 2018 14:41
Forget about it. EMAIL/LOGIN: admin@localhost
PASSWORD: r3@cti0n
rohit-elevar
@rohit-elevar
Aug 08 2018 15:04

Can someone change the reaction docs -> "https://docs.reactioncommerce.com/docs/next/creating-a-payment-provider"

It says "Add imports to the main.js file". Which are actually the "plugins.js" file now

Patrick Newell
@pnewell4_twitter
Aug 08 2018 18:00

thanks @zenweasel. did RC (the company) build that for them, or do they have developers of their own?

Pressed Juicery

Brent Hoover
@zenweasel
Aug 08 2018 21:19
We did not build that for them