These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Aug 2018
Shahrukh Khan
@shahrukh-alizai
Aug 27 2018 10:14
Do Reaction Commerce have Multi-level Categories and Bulk Products Import features?
Akarshit Wal
@Akarshit
Aug 27 2018 13:10
@shahrukh-alizai Yes we do have Multi-level Categories and Bulk Products Import features.
Multi-level Catergories are implemented as tags
Bulk Products Import is available from Shopify connector. Also there is a CSV importer in works.
Michael
@CallMeMonkey
Aug 27 2018 13:50
Good morning everyone, I've been using reaction commerce for a while. I deployed my project on an ubuntu server by docker-compose. I want to add an http access control (HTTP basic authentication), I did find some documents talking about the meteor.settings and http.call, but I believe they are used when project starts by command line, I'm using docker-compose to boot it. Could anyone please inform me where I can modify, how they are exactly using inside the project or any example I can refer to. Thanks for helping me out!
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Aug 27 2018 16:29
hi, I've been trying to follow the plugin tutorial. I'm on part 6 where we modify the checkout workflow. My plugin seems to be registered just fine, as when I run "reaction reset -n", it shows up in the packages collection. however, the function I've set up to run on the "afterCoreInit" hook, never executes (I just added a line to log some text). is there something I am missing? please help. thank you :)
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Aug 27 2018 16:37
@FJKhan Is the file you're registering an afterCoreInit hook in imported from an entry point?
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Aug 27 2018 16:42

the file is server/init.js

contents:

Hooks.Events.add("afterCoreInit", () => {
    Logger.info("::: Initialize modify checkout workflow");
    Logger.info("::: Finished modifying checkout workflow");
});
hi @loanlaux :)
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Aug 27 2018 16:42
Do you import server/init.js from server/index.js?
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Aug 27 2018 16:47
apparently I wasnt. not sure how I left that out. thanks @loanlaux ! :)
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Aug 27 2018 16:47
Anytime @FJKhan!
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Aug 27 2018 16:57

another quick question: what's the correct path for importing Reaction?

the tutorial shows import { Reaction } from "/server/api";

but that throws errors for me.
I see core plugins import from import Reaction from "/imports/plugins/core/core/server/Reaction"; which works for my plugin

but throws errors for the reaction-cod plugin.

Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Aug 27 2018 16:58
Correct, that part of the tutorial is outdated. import Reaction from "/imports/plugins/core/core/server/Reaction"; is the correct path. I have a PR currently being processed to update this snippet of code. I believe the reaction-cod plugin hasn't been updated either.
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Aug 27 2018 17:01
oh. okay. thanks. I guess I'll have to look into modifying the checkout further, as it will always be cod for right now.
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Aug 27 2018 17:02
If you decide to update the COD plugin, make sure to make a PR. It's now community-owned so it'd be a nice thing to do :)
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Aug 27 2018 17:03
sure thing :)
Daniel Honig
@dhonig
Aug 27 2018 19:57
I like the work going on that favors MobX over Redux
@loanlaux on correcting the import did you also submit a PR for the docs?
Loan Laux
@loanlaux
Aug 27 2018 21:01
I did, @dhonig
+1 for MobX
nuwrk
@nuwrk
Aug 27 2018 23:30
Has anyone had issues with 4x6 labels exported from RC with shippo? Ours are not printing properly