These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jan 2019
Isha Saran
@ishasaran
Jan 28 12:18 UTC
We have a mention in this blog for the module around Contentful and Cloudinary is already built -- https://blog.reactioncommerce.com/2018-reaction/
I can't seem to find them?
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 12:21 UTC
@ishasaran It's part of the new Operator UI, which was introduced in RC-8 of the backend. Check the PR out right here: reactioncommerce/reaction#4896.
Andrea Valdi
@avaldi
Jan 28 12:49 UTC
@loan-laux looking at the new Operator UI and the code of that specific version I can't see any reference to Cloudinary nor Contentful. Is there something I'm missing?
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 13:35 UTC

@avaldi You're right, my bad. I spoke too soon. Looks like this PR was the first part of this new set of features.

Despite the paragraphs @ishasaran mentionned being written as present (a bit misleading), this part of the blog post is a look at what's coming in 2019 (see the title). So I'd expect Cloudinary & Contentful support to be released anytime this year.

Andrea Valdi
@avaldi
Jan 28 13:39 UTC
:+1: fair enough, thanks for the clarification
Isha Saran
@ishasaran
Jan 28 13:39 UTC
Actually on that note, we just re-read they say that they've "built" it therefore we assumed that it might be out tho.
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 13:40 UTC
@ishasaran Agreed, hence why I think the formulation is misleading as well
Andrea Valdi
@avaldi
Jan 28 13:42 UTC
On a different note, does anybody know if reaction platform has any suggested way (best practice) to build command line helpers? Like if you'd like to add a command that would perform a mass operation on all the products how would you go for it?
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 13:58 UTC
Would that be for dev purposes?
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Jan 28 20:03 UTC
hi guys. so I've been playing around with reaction; running the app locally, and now I've started playing around with it in docker. but whenever I make changes and build a new image, the image doesn't contain the changes; even when I use the --no-cache flag. any ideas? I'm new to docker so sorry for a potentially stupid question in advance
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 20:14 UTC
@FJKhan How exactly are you using the Docker version? Are you developing on the new Next.js storefront or on the legacy one?
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Jan 28 20:14 UTC
legacy @loan-laux
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 20:15 UTC
Alright, so you're not developing in Docker, are you? From what I understand, you simply build images for deployment purposes?
F.J. Genus
@FJKhan
Jan 28 20:18 UTC
so at first, I just wanted to build the image for deployment. so I followed the instructions in the docs. But then I made a few changes, so I needed to update the image. so I ran docker build again. but the changes I made weren't being reflected. So I tried running the image and making the changes to the container instance, and tried building it again. no luck. so really, I guess I'm just trying to figure out how I should be making the changes so that when I build the image and try to run it on a server - connecting to a mongo container - they're propagated.
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Jan 28 20:19 UTC
I'll reply to you in less than an hour, have to step away from keyboard for now
F.J. Genus