These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2019
rlamostre0
@rlamostre0
Feb 06 02:47
hi @loan-laux
@loan-laux under templates
what's the difference when I call {{> React About }} vs {{> React component=about }}
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 05:33
@rlamostre0 In which context? Are you building an admin panel for a plugin?
@vishalniit Hi Vishal, customer accounts are handled via OAuth so yes (depending on which OAuth server you use). Product catalog list, inventory check, price info and checkout process are also available from the API. The GraphQL API was built to enable developers to plug just about any client into Reaction, may it be a web storefront or a native app. I encourage you to check out the docs at docs.reactioncommerce.com for more info!
rlamostre0
@rlamostre0
Feb 06 06:34
@loan-laux yep, an admin panel
Muhammad Adil
@adilsaeed31
Feb 06 08:01
@loan-laux Hi how are you
@loan-laux I am still struggling with the server for React Commerce, But no luck. AWS is very costly for me at the moment, What about zeit.co ?
@loan-laux I need your advise in this, Thank you.
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 09:21
@rlamostre0 There's no difference, and I would tend to write {{> React About}} as I think it's cleaner. Keep in mind that with this syntax, you have to declare an About helper in your template that would be an object containing a reference to your About component under component.
Template.aboutPage.helpers({
  About() {
    return {
      component: AboutComponent
    };
  }
});
rlamostre0
@rlamostre0
Feb 06 09:23
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 09:23
@adilsaeed31 No insight about hosting Reaction on Zeit. Perhaps someone else from the community has already done it.
rlamostre0
@rlamostre0
Feb 06 09:24
@loan-laux i'm stuck now on route permissions, I can't still make a public page visible to users who haven't logged in yet
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 09:24
@rlamostre0 On the Next.js storefront?
rlamostre0
@rlamostre0
Feb 06 09:25
I'm on reaction-meteor @loan-laux
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 09:26
Is this page intended to be shown to visitors/customers?
rlamostre0
@rlamostre0
Feb 06 09:26
have I missed a step @loan-laux ?
should still be shown to users who are not logged in @loan-laux
to public
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 11:20
@rlamostre0 Thanks for your patience, I was busy. If this is going to be user-facing, then I would strongly recommend building it on reaction-next-starterkit instead of the Meteor platform. As of now, it is deprecated and will never receive updates in the future except for security patches for a couple more months.
Ghost
@ghost~5c5adf8cd73408ce4fb70975
Feb 06 13:23
How easy would it be to integrate reactioncommerce with ghost?
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
Feb 06 15:05
I'd say pretty easy if you need it, but know that a Contentful integration is coming from Reaction Commerce themselves this year
I think they already have one built for a client but they want to polish it up before open-sourcing it, but take it with a huge grain of salt
Pure speculation based on the fact that they said in a blog post "We’ve built a module around the headless content management system Contentful"
Ghost
@ghost~5c5adf8cd73408ce4fb70975
Feb 06 18:03
Thanks for you reply :)
Vishal Gupta
@vishalniit
Feb 06 19:20
Does Reaction Commerce support Paypal Payflow Pro ?