These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2019
Richard Keller
@richardkeller411
May 07 00:00
Has anyone tried to add SCSS into the reaction-next-starterkit? I'm fighting webpack I think.
Janus Reith
@janus-reith
May 07 06:41
@richardkeller411 Sure you samt to use SCSS instrad of a more sophisticated solution?://nextjs.org/learn/basics/styling-components
https

Quoting from there: Consequently, there are a bunch of practical issues to consider with traditional CSS-file-based styling (especially with SSR), so we suggest avoiding this method when styling for Next.js.

Instead we recommend CSS in JS, which you can use to style individual components rather than importing CSS files.

Reaction is using styled-components in their design system available as npm Module, and Material ui's withStyles HOC in the starterkit. Also, there
ist styled-jsx
Janus Reith
@janus-reith
May 07 13:45
*want
Richard Keller
@richardkeller411
May 07 13:57
We have a ton of legacy react modules that use SCSS that we wanted to integrate in and did find this project which had next-scss. nextjs-scss-ssr-react-tutorial Starting from scratch rebuilding all of it would be 'difficult'
Janus Reith
@janus-reith
May 07 14:13
ok I get that. There should be existing guides on how to add SCSS to nextjs, did you get it to work already?
Should be fairly easy
Richard Keller
@richardkeller411
May 07 14:31
Yes.... I believe so. The config.js was the sticking point. Finally got the packing right
@janus-reith thank
you
Richard Keller
@richardkeller411
May 07 15:43
Spoke too soon Node-Sass having Docker Alpline Yarn issues... I think I need to rebuild SASS so Binaries are compatible during docker compose. Is the bin/setup the right spot in the run sequence of docker-compose?
to put npm rebuild node-sass ?
Richard Keller
@richardkeller411
May 07 16:13
Yes for anyone following yarn install node-sass was needed to install binaries correctly. Its a known yarn / node-sass issue
Janus Reith
@janus-reith
May 07 16:19
a bit late probably, but bin/start would probably be the right place for that.
When switching from yarn dev mode to building and running that build instead, I had to do it there
Eliot Hills
@elhil
May 07 19:04
does anyone know how to upgrade node in the reaction docker image? (meteor-dev stage)