These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2019
Thỏ Nấu Cơm
@thoInteractive
May 15 05:58
well, what is the minium requirement for reactionecommerce to run perfectly? i have to increased from 2GB RAM to 4GB RAM and 2 cpu cores just to see the live preview of the startkit lol
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
May 15 06:16
@thoInteractive In production or development?
@captainamerica13 Hey there, welcome to Reaction! There's no tutorial on how to add search specifically, but following the guides on adding your own GraphQL queries and resolvers should make it quite easy for you to add a search query.
Thỏ Nấu Cơm
@thoInteractive
May 15 06:17
@loan-laux in development mode my friend, any idea help here for me? i can't laughing about this as it increased my budget for shop run via reation commerce
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
May 15 06:18
@thoInteractive I personally have 8GB dedicated to Docker in development. Would recommend 6 as a sweet spot. This is really due to the Meteor build process more than anything, as it's poorly optimized and uses a lot of RAM.
And if you're running macOS like I do, you'll also have to fight against Docker's terrible implementation that leaks memory all over the place.
Thỏ Nấu Cơm
@thoInteractive
May 15 06:20
@loan-laux it take a lot of money, and perhaps little more expensive if tried to use reaction commerce as an family shop. any suggest for me, as i was try to use it to build an family shop.
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
May 15 06:23

To be very honest with you, Reaction may be a bit overkill to run a small family shop. Not only will it require more efforts in building the actual website, but your overhead when it comes to maintenance will be higher as well. All of this in the name of flexibility and scalability which you probably don't need. It was made for the enterprise world, where access to resources is less of a problem let's say.

Why not use something like Shopify or even BigCommerce instead?

Thỏ Nấu Cơm
@thoInteractive
May 15 06:25
@loan-laux ya, you was right brother, i have to quit thinking about reaction commerce after an ton of command and 4 times increased the cores of vps just to see the live preview, anyway, thanks for it buddy. i would think about shopify now to find a solution for my family, thanks
dev-expert
@dev-expert
May 15 13:39
I have one question: why login through Facebook and other Socials are available for admin instead of user?
Jason (koad) Zvaniga
@koad
May 15 14:41
Question: -- when sending invite to a new shop manager, the link takes me to a sign-in form.. but I dont have password. When clicking reset password, the emailed link also sends me to sign in form. Question is, how to rectify this?
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
May 15 14:42
@koad I've submitted a PR for that. Waiting for review from the core team.
Jason (koad) Zvaniga
@koad
May 15 14:43
another question.. When someone signs up to store, they dont show up on accounts list -- is this right? Where can I see the list of customer accounts?
thanks @loan-laux :D quick answer :+1:
Allie Reilly
@acreilly
May 15 18:47
Hey, I want to override the product catalog page to show four per row always, except mobile. How do I do this?
Loan Laux
@loan-laux
May 15 18:49
@acreilly Pretty sure some CSS could do the trick here. Check this out: https://jsfiddle.net/j71r1qdw/3/
Just have to make sure that the structure of the catalog page allows you to do that. Can't say for certain and I don't have my IDE open.
Allie Reilly
@acreilly
May 15 20:06
@loan-laux I think I am supposed to be able to do it from the componentTheme.js file but it doesn't seem to be taking effect.
For example

If you look at the file defaultComponentTheme.js you will see
fourPerRowMinWidth
set within CatalogGrid

CatalogGrid: {
    fourPerRowMinWidth: breakpoint_md,
    threePerRowMinWidth: breakpoint_sm
  },

because of this I assume I can override that, it just doesn't seem to be working.