These are chat archives for read-write-web/chat

25th
Feb 2015
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Feb 25 2015 14:06
Hi there. I don't suppose that is possible to do a recursive sparql search given a base container in rww-play? Not sure if such functionality should even exist :)
Henry Story
@bblfish
Feb 25 2015 14:30
currently we have not implemented that, but I think SPARQL on containers and their content would be useful
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Feb 25 2015 14:32
I saw that you have an issue about full text search read-write-web/rww-play#11 . I guess my mentioned feature would be a prerequisite for that. What do you think?
Henry Story
@bblfish
Feb 25 2015 14:33
I think you can have sparql without full text search, but both are useful.
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Feb 25 2015 14:35
OK. I can make a separate issue regarding the recursive sparql search.
regarding the full text search- did you think about how advanced the technology behind it is going to be? Smth like grep? Or search servers like solr & elasticsearch?
It's not smth that I need in the immediate future- just thinking aloud
maybe it's too early to talk about it
Henry Story
@bblfish
Feb 25 2015 14:38
I think there are already solutions for Jena or Sesame that tie in to the open source text search
I think it would be worth searching for the possible options and adding them to the issue
to evaluate
we can then also ask the semweb experts
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Feb 25 2015 14:39
cool, I'll keep that in mind if I stumble upon smth
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Feb 25 2015 17:54
re full text search - quite a few datastores have this built in
( but I'm jumping in here - may missed the point completely)
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Feb 25 2015 18:07
Reason I'm jumping in, is in case it could be a feature better off in banana.rdf
two examples are bigdata and virtuoso
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Feb 25 2015 18:09
nice. It looks to me that it belongs to banana-rdf as well
Do you support other triple stores than plantain, sesame and jena?
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Feb 25 2015 18:10
not currently, although sesame and jena are interfaces used by many backends - virtusoso has both
and bigdata is based on sesame
but obviously to get the "extra" features, native drivers would be needed. But same as for say hibernate in Java world, adding new drivers isn't the hardest part and there isn't a large number of them
but.... it's still work
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Feb 25 2015 18:18
nice "extra" ..... "traverse a scale-free graph of 4.3 billion directed edges in .15 seconds for a throughput of 32 Billion Traversed Edges Per Second"
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Feb 25 2015 18:20
that's impressive