These are chat archives for read-write-web/chat

6th
Jun 2015
Henry Story
@bblfish
Jun 06 2015 05:35
can't remember. I don't think so as I don't need to have backward compatibility support.
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Jun 06 2015 15:31
Hello. Do any of you know if it's possible to force browser's certificate selection dialog with javascript?
Henry Story
@bblfish
Jun 06 2015 16:54
@reederz no, but you can log out in Firefox with JS
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Jun 06 2015 16:58
window.crypto.logout- saw that on the internet
doesn't work anymore :(
I mean it's not there in my firefox
Henry Story
@bblfish
Jun 06 2015 18:13
ah damn
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Jun 06 2015 18:44
I wonder if WebID-RSA may be answer to this
though it'd be a bit hard to start out with it, because there aren't any demos as far as I know
also, how can one store their keys in browser safely and still be available to sign nonces with them
Henry Story
@bblfish
Jun 06 2015 18:57
you can't
that's the whole problem with crypto in the browser. They have done nothing to add support in the chrome
One thing to do is to do all the https connections on the server
Justas Ažna
@reederz
Jun 06 2015 19:01
so much for finding an easy fix. I don't know, why I expected to find one in the first place :)
I guess I'll live with the fact that I can't logout for now and if I get bored, I'll go rant on some mailing list
Henry Story
@bblfish
Jun 06 2015 19:06
yeah, I wrote a lot of mails on that topic. I think we'll be able to develop WebID-RSA on the server though into something quite nice. We'll just have to grow volume. Once we have 500 thousand people using rww then we'll give them some discount on something if they can prove they wrote a bug report :-)