These are chat archives for read-write-web/chat

4th
Sep 2018
Tim McIver
@tmciver
Sep 04 2018 20:34
Hey folks. This channel looks pretty dead but I wanted to ask some questions about https://github.com/read-write-web/rww-play. Is this the right place to do so?
I'm having trouble getting the app running. Main failure right now is that during execution of ./activator, I get the error sbt.ResolveException: unresolved dependency: com.typesafe.play#sbt-plugin;2.3.11-TLS: not found.
At first glance this dependency seems to be managed as a git submodule, but when I do git submodule init; git submodule update, the Play20 directory is not populated as I would expect. Actually, that directory is not under version control as it should be if it is a submodule.
Tim McIver
@tmciver
Sep 04 2018 20:41
I also saw the build script which seems to be involved in obtaining this dependency but when I try to run it, I get an error as the downloaded bz2 file appears to be corrupted (it's only 389 bytes).
Even if this were to succeed, it's unclear to me how this dependency would satisfy sbt; I thought sbt deps went into the .ivy2 directory (in user's home directory).
It seems to me that the submodule approach is the way to go but I wanted to ask why that method appeared to be abandoned before I try to go any further.