@Inkdpixels
Jul 23 2015 17:46
Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-23 um 19.45.52.png
Done. Both packages are transferred to the organization
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 18:14
Fresh. Cheers.
We should define a release plan (with milestones) on GitHub or what do you think?
Wilhelm Behncke
@grebaldi
Jul 23 2015 20:17
just fyi, I ran into facebook/jest#227, so I added <rootDir> to collectCoverageOnlyFrom and testDirectoryName in components jest configuration. I will PR this alongside reduct/component#13, but as a seperate commit.
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 20:36
jest jest jest
Wilhelm Behncke
@grebaldi
Jul 23 2015 20:38
meh meh meh
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 20:42
What do you think? Shall we place the *.spec.js files beside the actual source files. I have to admit that I like it a lot.
Wilhelm Behncke
@grebaldi
Jul 23 2015 20:43
hmm... don't know, feels wrong. Where's the advantage?
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 20:46
Hm, actually it does not feel wrong. It is kind of a best practice.
Well, to have the tests and the testable artifact on the same level.
Wilhelm Behncke
@grebaldi
Jul 23 2015 20:52
... I'm seeing all this test stuff from a php/java perspective where this would be more or less a no-go. And actually I like having tests and testables separated - but maybe that's just a matter of familiarization
and don't get me wrong: I'm not aiming to phpize JS here :D
But I'm seeing the advantages of the testing practices there
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 20:56
Jap, true. I did separate them in Java land as well. But have to say that I do not see the point why this should not be a best practice in Java and PHP as well. The JAR/PHAR bundling could remove the tests before the actual packaging.
Wilhelm Behncke
@grebaldi
Jul 23 2015 21:05
true
but I kind of wouldn't like the inevitable filename redundancy in file listings otherwise - while I don't see any disadvantage in keeping things separate...
don't know... I must admit, that I have no real reason to be against it though... :D
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 21:22
:)
@Inkdpixels What do you think?
Wilhelm Behncke
@grebaldi
Jul 23 2015 21:33
so, I'm off for today and will also be off tomorrow afternoon - I would appreciate, if we could have a brief discussion about matrix (:P) tomorrow, so that I can work something out until next week
see ya!
André König
@akoenig
Jul 23 2015 21:44
Cool. Yap, should have a quick talk about the matrix :)
@Inkdpixels @grebaldi Implemented a first draft of a possible new API. Stripped everything down to the core feature set of the Assembler: https://github.com/reduct/assembler/tree/refactoring/api - The core functionality (registering and instantiating components) is already implemented. Will port the rest of the code over if you think this is a suitable and elegant API surface. Hope you like it :)
The branch contains the test stack (mocha, chai and jsdom) as well.