These are chat archives for resin-io/chat

26th
Jun 2017
Vijay Sharma
@Eulerianial
Jun 26 2017 08:52
Friends is it possible to setup two different web servers on the resin image?
Also I am trying to setup domoticz on resin for RP-3 Model B. I already have an expressJS server running. Would it be possible to setup both domoticz and express server?
Tim Perry
@pimterry
Jun 26 2017 09:11
@sako0938 this is very strange. Which files do exist in your global node_modules/resin-cli after install? Looks like it has at least bin/resin in it (since that is what is looking for resin-cli/build, and it's in the stack trace). What else is present?
Shaun Mulligan
@shaunmulligan
Jun 26 2017 09:16
@Jbithell by default all containers will automatically restart if the main process dies. However, if you have INITSYSTEM on in your Dockerfile, or you start you script with a bash script, those governing processes will prevent the container from restarting. So most likely you just need to disable the INITSYSTEM if you want this auto restart behaviour
Vijay Sharma
@Eulerianial
Jun 26 2017 09:33
@shaunmulligan Can I have more than one docker containers running? Can I switch between those two?
Shaun Mulligan
@shaunmulligan
Jun 26 2017 12:19
@Eulerianial its currently not possible to run multiple containers without doing a docker-in-docker approach, in the coming months we will be supporting multi-container as a first class feature, but for now D-in-D is the best way to achieve that
qwhi
@qwhi
Jun 26 2017 15:36
does ResinOS not contain cron scheduling by default?
Vijay Sharma
@Eulerianial
Jun 26 2017 15:48
@shaunmulligan Could you point me to an example for D-in-D approach. I can try that one out and see it works?
resin.io team
@resinio
Jun 26 2017 17:34
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] @qwhi not sure what you're referring to -- you should be putting everything you need in the container