These are chat archives for resin-io/chat

20th
Jul 2017
webartistse
@webartistse
Jul 20 2017 12:38
Hello! Im using resin to deploy a dashboard app which will be displayed on a HDMI display. I have been testing and searching for hours but I really cant get anything to show on the display. I can see boot screen but after that its 100% black. Do I need to enable HDMI some how?
Shaun Mulligan
@shaunmulligan
Jul 20 2017 13:00
hey @webartistse what device type are you working with? and have you had a look at https://github.com/resin-io/resin-electronjs
webartistse
@webartistse
Jul 20 2017 13:36
@shaunmulligan Raspberry pi 3. I will try this out of the box first and see what happens. Thanks!
webartistse
@webartistse
Jul 20 2017 13:53
@shaunmulligan thanks! it worked. I will dig in this code to see how this works.
Daniel Grooms
@dagrooms52
Jul 20 2017 14:59
Security question - I have a device acting as a server that should only allow access over LAN and communicate with Resin.io. Wondering if I have to take further steps to lock this device down to make it secure from an internet standpoint, or if Resin.io has already done this for me in ResinOS. Is the device inaccessible from the general internet as long as I don't enable a public url?
Also, anyone know where I can go to read about the security features that resin provides? Only hits on google for "resin.io security" are the features page, which just says "security out of the box," and a blog post titled "you can't secure what you can't update." I remember reading a forum post in which a resin employee mentioned a potential whitepaper on security practices for IoT devices - have they released such content?
alisondavis17
@alisondavis17
Jul 20 2017 21:15
@dagrooms52, to your second question, we're working on updating a security white paper now, and hope to publish something soon. thanks for keeping us honest :)
Daniel Grooms
@dagrooms52
Jul 20 2017 21:25
:+1: Awesome, thanks!