These are chat archives for resin-io/chat

14th
Jan 2018
Alexis Susset
@alexissusset
Jan 14 11:24
has anyone worked with RESIN_HOST_CONFIG within container?
I’m trying to code an alert when specific configuration items haven’t been applied to the App/Device
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 14 13:32
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] @alexissusset we're working on something along those lines, but can you give a bit more detail about the case? What do you mean about specific configuration items not being applied to the app/device?
bartver
@bartver
Jan 14 15:55
Any updates on the Etcher Pro? I would really like one, like really really like one
Alexis Susset
@alexissusset
Jan 14 16:38
@alexandrosm I’m looking at checking if the following vars have been set:
RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_max_usb_current
RESIN_HOST_CONGIG_safe_mode_gpio
RESIN_SUPERVISOR_DELTA
and print a message if they haven't
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 14 16:42
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] @alexissusset don't you have access to these from the container?
Alexis Susset
@alexissusset
Jan 14 16:43
@alexandrosm hum nope they don’t seem to be populated (they’re set in my app in this extract):
root@6fd055c:/usr/src/app# set | grep RESIN
RESIN=1
RESIN_API_KEY=1111
RESIN_APP_ID=1111
RESIN_APP_NAME=Bla
RESIN_APP_RELEASE=1111
RESIN_DEVICE_NAME_AT_INIT=AlexisTest1
RESIN_DEVICE_TYPE=raspberrypi3
RESIN_DEVICE_UUID=11111
RESIN_HOST_OS_VERSION='Resin OS 2.7.8+rev1'
RESIN_SUPERVISOR_ADDRESS=http://127.0.0.1:48484
RESIN_SUPERVISOR_API_KEY=
RESIN_SUPERVISOR_HOST=127.0.0.1
RESIN_SUPERVISOR_PORT=48484
RESIN_SUPERVISOR_VERSION=6.4.2
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 14 16:44
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] if we don't expose them to the container, we'll need to build an API on the supervisor
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] the alternative of course is to put the SDK in the container and ask the server directly
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] but that's suboptimal for a bunch of reasons
Alexis Susset
@alexissusset
Jan 14 16:45
That’s what I was trying to avoid :) Can always put the SDK in our backend but devices may move between apps so was looking for an elegant way of checking there
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 14 16:46
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] @pcarranzav, maybe we can consider these env vars too for the config endpoint?
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] @alexissusset -- we're working on something relevant, let's see if we can sneak these in there too.
Alexis Susset
@alexissusset
Jan 14 16:47
That’d be awesome :) We’re already checking Env Vars within container and remindig Ops to set them correct, feels like it’d be nice to have that for Fleet vars as well
Endre Karlson
@ekarlso
Jan 14 18:45
@resinio Hi, is the intel nuc image not updated yet in stable / prod ? it was supposed to be bumped to 2.9.x according to someone from resin.io this week...
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 14 18:55
[Florin-Ionut Sarbu (floion)] hi @ekarlso we needed to make a last minute inclusion so we hope to have the release maybe tomorrow the earliest
[Florin-Ionut Sarbu (floion)] there is a Pr for this release: resin-os/resin-intel#99
[Florin-Ionut Sarbu (floion)] sorry about that, we needed to include a new verison of the resin supervisor in order to address a bug
Endre Karlson
@ekarlso
Jan 14 18:57
@resinio ok, is balena included there or ?
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 14 18:57
[Florin-Ionut Sarbu (floion)] yes it is
Endre Karlson
@ekarlso
Jan 14 18:58
sweet :)