These are chat archives for resin-io/chat

25th
Jan 2018
Minh Nguyen
@SandPox
Jan 25 10:00
anyone can tell me if it's possible to embedded the config.json downloaded from Resin Dashboard to the image when build? (./resin-yocto-scripts/build/barys)
resin.io team
@resinio
Jan 25 16:48
[Alexandros Marinos (alexandrosm)] @sandpox maybe ask the question in the forum so the team can see it. I think it can be done with the CLI
Shaun Mulligan
@shaunmulligan
Jan 25 16:53
@SandPox and @alexandrosm I think a config.json is already put into the image during build time, but it does not contain any of the resin.io specific stuff. I think it only has things like hostname and device-type, this is atleast what resinOS unmanaged has after a build
James Gentes
@jgentes
Jan 25 18:00
does anyone know if it's possible to access resin environment variables (https://docs.resin.io/tools/sdk/#resin.models.environment-variables) from within a docker container?
Including them in the dockerfile is one option, but I'm not sure that is possible to do dynamically
Shaun Mulligan
@shaunmulligan
Jan 25 18:06
@jgentes all env vars are automatically added to the containers environment on container start up. Do you not see them if you use the webTerminal and type printenv
James Gentes
@jgentes
Jan 25 18:12
haven't tried that, thanks @shaunmulligan - i'll give it a look!